Review Highlights
Arrigetch Peaks backpacking trip with Expeditions Alaska

I did the Arrigetch Peaks backpacking trip with Explore Alaska from August 22 to September 1. It is... read more

Reviewed October 2, 2019
coralfish2016
Guangzhou, China
via mobile
EA Trips to remote Arrigetch Peaks in Gates of the Arctic National Parl

I did this hike/raft with four others in August 2019. The trip was terrific, the guide was fabulous... read more

Reviewed August 27, 2019
STEWART33333333

All reviews day hike photo tour backpacking trip an excellent guide an amazing experience pre trip small group guiding company other companies northern lights fabulous trip photo opportunities bucket list carl backcountry terrain gear
Selected filters
Reviewed June 22, 2016

so, I used him to get me to auroras and it was wonderful.. Then I went to Chilkat to shoot eagles with Carl. Carl is a professional. He is opinionated. He makes you a better photographer. He taught me how to shoot FLYING BIRDS in MANUAL. Every image I got was PERFECT. It feels like tough love and it is, but I have beautiful images from this trip and I am a better photographer today. Thanks Carl!

I will be back for bears and auroras when they peak again- (poor man- a decrepit old woman in the cold- gotta love him!)

Date of experience: November 2015
Expeditions-Alaska, Owner at Expeditions Alaska, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2017

Hey Anne .. ha ha .. shooting in manual is where it's at!! Glad it helped out.

Let's do it again soon.

Reviewed May 7, 2016

Carl provides an exciting backpacking trip. I highly recommend. Carl provides many different packages as well as photo tour.

Date of experience: July 2015

Hey there

thanks so much .. glad you had a good time. Always a treat.

Reviewed April 14, 2016

In March 2016, we had an excellent trip with Carl Donohue, from Alaska Expeditions, photographing the Aurora. It was an amazing experience. Carl knew just where to take us and we had several fantastic opportunities to photograph the lights from different locations.
His van is well equipped and spacious to travel in. There were only 4 of us on the tour and we were kept warm and comfortable during the early hours of the morning.
Carl is totally reliable and has a wonderful sense of humour. We came back with some stunning photos!

Date of experience: March 2016
1  Thank KarynP62

Hey Karyn

Thanks so much .. I'm glad you and Dante had a good time. It's been great having you join me a few times. Wonderful people.

Let's do it again sometime.

Thanks.

Reviewed April 4, 2016

I highly recommend taking a trip with Expeditions Alaska. I took an Aurora photography tour and had a great time. Carl does a superb job getting his guests to the right locations to get the opportunity to see and photograph the Northern Lights. Enjoyed being in a small group that afforded each participant plenty of personal attention.
The website has a link to Carl's free E book on photographing the Aurora Borealis. I highly recommend reading this to prepare for your trip.

Date of experience: March 2016

hey Saskia

Thanks so much. Sorry for the delayed response I thought I had replied earlier.

A pleasure to meet you and I'm glad you enjoyed the trip.

All the best

Reviewed February 7, 2016

An enthusiastic guide from Expeditions Alaska took us to some less popular spots in Wrangell-St Elias NP. Amazing what we were able to do and to see in a trip of just one day. This is what I call value for money! Really liked the personal touch, the stories and the small groups. We went for a hike, but their photo tours sound great as well. Another reason to come back and learn something...

Date of experience: August 2015

hey Kris

Thanks man, what a great trip that was! Glad you had such a good time. Wrangell - St. Elias is awesome. I can't wait to be back.

Thanks