“our favorite”

The Olive Garden
Ranked #472 of 887 Restaurants in Anchorage
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed February 18, 2013

For years we would go to Olive Gardens on vacation and its such a treat to go locally now. We go for the salad and breadsticks and thats all the kids need. But they get the meal anyway cause its the same price. The adults get the meals which I would say are somewhat overpriced in many instances so I am careful what I order. Ditto the drinks so we just order a plain drink. But I have never had bad service at either location, in fact very friendly and attentive. Last weekend we had two different staff assist us in addition to the manager. The kids meals and prices make it a good value if you chose a lower priced meal. The additional alaska cost on the tv advertized specials is also wrong. Overall, though my favorite place to take the family cause they are always happy after we eat here and with careful ordering the bill is tolerable.

There are newer reviews for The Olive Garden

Reviewed February 8, 2013

Olive Garden can always be counted on for a good meal. It's the best chain out there. Good food, good service, reasonable prices.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

The meal was a sham, my wife and myself were sick the night of and day after. We both felt the breadsticks were too salty, pasta not well cooked, however very good service.

We will not be going back for more.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

This was our first time visting this new restaurant in the Dimond Center,. I couldnt find that address choice in the list, but I am sure they are both very similar. We had three of us and got seated right away, we had very good service from the whole staff. The food was on par with standard Olive Garden fare. The salad was a little chunkier than usual and we had a good chuckle imagining the Olive Garden people stressing over how to get reliable fresh produce in AK in the winter.. its a challenge that is for sure.
Anyway, the wine was wonderful, we bought a bottle and took what we didnt' finish back to the hotel. The food was very good, my son had two servings of the chicken and gnocchi soup.
This was a very good experience and I am really happy they are in Anchorage!

Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

Having read many reviews detailing poor service we were worried but we had a good experience. Our waiter was friendly and attentive. Order was taken quickly and drinks and water were kept full. Prices seemed reasonable and I like the endless soup or salad. I had the minestrone and it was quite good. My main was the grilled salmon and my wife had a shrimp pasta and both meals were good. Not great but we would return.