“Good food, available outside security” 4 of 5 bubbles

Norton Sound Seafood House
Ranked #216 of 867 Restaurants in Anchorage
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Cheyenne, Wyoming
“Good food, available outside security”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

The takeout window is sort of hidden away at the top of the escalator to baggage claim, at the back of the main restaurant, outside TSA security. We found the location useful as we had just been dropped off to pick up a rental car; therefore no boarding passes and no (secure) way to get to the main restaurant entrance. A limited menu, I am sure, but good for a quick lunch. Seafood chowder was spicy (just right for me), and the Caesar salad very good. Henry served us and did a great job. He was very courteous and had the food out right away. There are a couple small tables next to the take out counter, providing a nice place to eat on the run.

• Visited August 2013

Springfield, Massachusetts
“Nice Little Spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

With a couple of hours to kill between flights, we decided to grab a quick bite. The waitress was quick and friendly. I had seafood chowder, salmon sandwich and iced tea. Hubby had seafood chowder, a burger and a beer. The chowder was a bit spicier than we would normally like, but it was different. Sandwiches were tasty and more than filling. Bill came to $39.46, a tad high but typical in airports.

• Visited July 2013
Redmond, Washington, United States
“Fresh salad and seafood”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

Crab salad and seafood sandwich was fresh and tasty. The waitress was friendly and considerate. The service was very quick.

• Visited September 2013
Lahaina, Hawaii
“Reasonable airport food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

We stopped here twice while passing thru Anchorage airport. Both times we had lunch. I had the halibut sandwich and my wife the soup and salad. Both were good, but a little pricey. The beer is very expensive, but you should expect this in an airport.

Visited July 2013
Denver, Colorado
“Could have skipped this”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

Decided I wanted to try Alaska King Crab legs before flying home, so asked the nice hostess if these are the big legs. She said yes very big and for $23.95 you could get 1/2 lb and a side item. Should have know when I ordered and the waitress asked what side and I said I really didn't want one. She said well you get one so I got fries. I was very disappointed when my plate came with 2 crab legs and they were not fat at all----much like you would get at a Red Lobster. I am certain they didn't come close to weighing 1/2 pound! They were cooked just right however. I tried the fries and maybe ate one or two, but I am pretty picky about fries so not a good judge. I was surprised when the bill arrived and learned that the fries were not an included side, so added several dollars to the bill! With tip I ended up spending $37. for a mere snack. I would have much rather put that money toward the full pound. Never saw the menu so maybe it was my fault for not double checking the information the hostess gave me. Staff were all nice.

• Visited May 2013