“We enjoyed lunch”

Antonios' Greek Bakery and Cafe
Ranked #4 of 16 Bakeries in Anchorage
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Description: Wonderful freshly prepared Greek cuisine. Appetizers, freshly baked desserts and classic Greek dishes. Warm, family atmosphere.
Austin, Texas
“We enjoyed lunch”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

This mom and pop operation in a strip center does not look too promising, but the "mom" was our cheerful waitress, and the "pop" treated us, as first time customers, to servings of a special custard dessert, Galaktoboureko, which I would order again -So much for our plan to have a light lunch. I ordered the hummus which was predictable, but the pita bread was fresh and warm. My husband got the soup and Greek salad. There was enough for us to share. We were pleased to find this restaurant.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank birdwatcher55

Soldotna
“Memorable!”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Thank you to my husband's Anchorage doctor for recommending Antonio's to us, or we would have missed the most palatable food we've had in a very long time. I used to dread the long trip from Fairbanks to Anchorage, but with a meal at Antonio's beckoning me, the trip's considerably more tolerable. I'm in love with the moussaka and the roasted potatoes. My husband devours the spanacopita, and our 7 yr. old grandaughter is crazy about the Greek lasagna. The custardy dessert (starts with galak...) is a creamy, heavenly delight that we usually have to put in a box, since we're stuffed from our dinners. And Antonio himself? He's a fantastic host who makes sure your stay is delightful. If only we weren't 350 miles away!

• Visited February 2013
Houston, Texas
“Unexpected Gem!”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Authentic flavors from Greece hidden in a strip mall just off of Minnesota, in the strip mall behind the City Diner. I tried the Spanacopita (spinach) and the Tyropita (cheese) phyllo pastry appetizers. Heavenly light pastry covering the warm filling with some yogurt dip. We also shared an order of Hummus (lovely citrus and a hint of garlic) and Tzatziki with wedges of pita bread, lightly toasted and seasoned. Our friends had the Greek pizza and they, too cleaned their plates.These treats are hard to top, but the Orzo (New Zealand lamb with Orso and tomato sauce) turned out to be a real winner. Tender chunks of lamb with perfectly spiced Orso and roasted potatoes. The whole experience was rounded off with Galaktoboureko, the soft version of Baklava, not overly sweet, creamy custard between thin phyllo layers. All this for about $50, a deal hard to find in Anchorage. Well worth the trip. Great service, fresh ingredients, properly priced.

• Visited April 2013
Anchorage, Alaska
“Excellent find”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

After a year of planning, I was finally able to go here for lunch with a good friend. SO happy we finally made it! We plan on making this a lunch ritual. Not only is the service excellent (Antonio is a wonderful host), but the food is great. Very authentic and flavorful. I highly recommend the gyros and the roasted potatoes... I think I could eat a plate of those by myself. Wonderfully flavored and delicious! I will be adding this to my list of Anchorage favorites.

• Visited April 2013
“A Taste of Greece in Anchorage”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We go to Antonio's Greek Bakery and Cafe several times a month. We love the food and Antonio brings authentic Greek dishes to Anchorage. I have tried several of the dishes that he offers and they are all wonderful. My spouse loves the Greek lagasana and loves it so much it is the only dish that he will order. It is a great place to meet friends for lunch. Great service... Excellent food...and a taste of Greece in Anchorage!
Oh, the dessert that comes with each meal is delicious! We love dining at Antonio's Greek Bakery and Cafe.