Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
GardenInn.com$119
Tripadvisor$119
Travelocity
Priceline$119
Expedia.com$119
StayForLong$156
All reviews front desk business center restaurants within walking distance mountain view hotel restaurant hotel staff shuttle service very nice hotel great place to stay room was clean and comfortable airport shuttle hgi downtown
Selected filters
Reviewed October 8, 2006

On the first night of my Alaska tour I stayed in this Garden Inn hotel. Normally they are much cheaper than ordinary Hilton hotels, but this time I paid a bit too much compared to other place that offer similar or better quality (e.g. Springhill by Marriott). The girls at the reception desk were not very professional (giggling and joking a lot) but still very friendly; it's something different that I could actually appreciate. There was no breakfast included, although there's always coffee, tea and chocolate available. The rooms are comfortable, big and clean. Also the free internet was greatly appreciated. The lobby is nicely decorated and the restaurant looks nice too (very nice staff in the early morning), although I did eat somewhere else. I would say if the price is right you will get the service you can expect from a HI Garden Inn. Still, my deal was about 170 USD, whereas the Springhill Suites, I found out later, would only have been 100 USD.

Date of stay: September 2006
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Flying_Dutchguy
Reviewed September 9, 2006

After we were walked from their sister hotel, Hampton Inn, after midnight (we got there at 1AM), the front desk initially said they had no room. Then she could give us a smoking room. Otherwise we were told we would ahve to wait for housekeeping to finish cleaning a room (anyone know housekeeping working cleaning rooms at 1AM). When we said we wanted what we reserved a no smoking room, suddenly one was available. When the front desk lies to customers, it leaves a really bad taste in the customer. Room was clean and breakfast was quiet good with friendly service.

Date of stay: September 2006
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
5  Thank ABEFlyer
Reviewed August 28, 2005

We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn a total of 3 nights during our Alaska vacation. We used the courtesy phones at the airport to call the shuttle and upon arrival, they had our room key ready to go. This was great after a long flight that arrived so early in the morning (1am).

We used the hotel shuttle to and from downtown and the drivers were all helpful and friendly. We had no problem and never had to wait long since they have one shuttle dedicated to the airport, one for downtown, and a third for outside the city.

The rooms were very clean. A nice place to come back to after staying in cabins in Denali. The only negative thing would be the restaurant. The food was good, the service was great, but the cost for breakfast is around $12.95 for a buffet that really wasn't a buffet. The buffet consisted of continental items and everything else on the menu was all you can eat but you order like a regular restaurant and they bring it to you on a plate. I thought the cost was a bit high for a couple eggs, sausage and some toast. But it was convinent for those of us without a car.

If you are looking for a car, the front desk can rent you one. They have a few parked in the hotel parking lot. A TGIFriday's is also next door and within walking distance. The hotel is a bit from downtown (can't walk there) but the shuttles make it easy. I would stay here again.

Date of stay: August 2005
3  Thank Paradise12001
Reviewed April 7, 2005

The best thing about this hotel was the excellent shuttle service to and from the airport. The internet connection was also good.

The worst thing about this hotel would be the people working at the front desk who do not know what they are doing. It should not take 15 minutes to check in and 20 minutes to check out. That is what happens when those in line in front of you all have horror stories and want the hotel to correct the problems...which they were refusing to do.

The breakfast for $12.95 was overpriced. It is serve yourself for most items and place an order for some other items if you order the buffet. We took our time eating our $12.95 omlettes and were getting up to leave 45 minutes later when they brought out the hash browns from when we first sat down!

The room was nice, if you like handicap rooms. I reserved and guaranteed the room with my credit card for a non-smoking room and this was all they had left at 9:30 pm. The poor sucker behind me and all of those who followed got stuck with a smoking room.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Date of stay: April 2005
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
8  Thank Ultimatetravelking
Reviewed September 8, 2003

My stay at this hotel was good! Yes, just good. For the money & location, you may want to consider the Hampton Inn - literally just across the street for a better rate and free breakfast. My wait to check in took several minutes at the Hilton, breakfast wasn't ready @ 6:30am yet, and the price was a bit steep for my logic. Do some more shopping...it's a small town and the distance to the airport is only a few minutes/miles.

7  Thank FrequentFlier35887