Hilton Garden Inn Anchorage
Lakeshore Inn & Suites(Anchorage)(Great Value!)
$115
$101
Comfort Inn Ship Creek(Anchorage)(Great Value!)
$191
ComfortInn
$287
$269
EmbassySuites.com
Anchorage Grand Hotel(Anchorage)(Great Value!)
$219
$189
Dimond Center
$158
$149
All reviewsfront deskgolden corralstay at this hotel againbusiness centernice hotelpool and hot tubhotel restaurantnice stayshuttle servicebreakfast buffetgreat place to stayking bedfree shuttleairport shuttlehome away from homerental carhgi
Reviewed July 13, 2012

We traveled with my sister's family for a two night stay. They took the shuttle and checked in before us. we had to pick up a rental car and arrived about 30 min. later. Upon checking in, the front desk informed us that the non smoking room we had reserved, was not avail. and we would have to take smoking. NO WAY! Another option was a king bed and some roll aways for our family of four. We had reserved and paid for a room 6 months ahead of time. It was 11pm and we just wanted to sleep. They tried finding another hotel for us, but werent willing to move my sister's family. So much for the family part of the vacation. It took the better part of an hour to check us in, and the only reason we ended up with our original room request was because some one ended up checking out at 11:30. (I don't even want to imagine why some one would check out at 11:30 pm!)
After the check in fiasco, the room was fine. breakfast was a little pricy, but there were fantastic selections.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Kim N
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Except perhaps its distance from downtown. However, there is a free shuttle bus (to both downtown and to the airport). Very clean room and very friendly staff. Nice breakfast at a reasonable price. Overall, a pleasant experience.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 1, 2012

I stayed here with my two children for a night so that we could be close to the airport prior to our flight home. I used my honors miles so there was no cost to me. But still, the hotel was a nice place to stay.

This hotel is right on the main strip of Tudor Ave and C street. There is everything you could possibly want close by. Restaurants, convenience stores, gas, and plenty of other strip malls. It is an extremely busy location so there is a lot of traffic.

The pool is small but well kept. There were plenty of towels and chairs available. A fitness center is located adjacent to the pool. Perhaps the most maddening experience was the business center. I tried to simply print out my boarding pass but they had some very strange security system built into the computer printers which I simply could not figure out. I finally had to call in a staff member to help me. To her credit she did so quickly and was able to get me on my way. Service in general was quite good. The front desk clerk at check in looked exhausted and appeared to have had a very bad day. But with some good natured joking between us the mood was lightened quickly.

The room is your basic hotel room. Nothing wrong with it but nothing of great significant to differentiate it. The climate system was confusing and noisy. I ultimately shut it off in favor of an open window instead. The room was clean and everything worked as expected.

Breakfast was expensive at $15 each. It was fine but not great. The lobby breakfast area was nice but they weren't really keeping up with clearing dishes or setting places. We all had to hunt for silverware.

If you just need a place to stay that's clean and nice this is a good place for it.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank avman67
Reviewed June 25, 2012

This hotel is very clean and in a good location in the city. It's close to everything, including restaurants, the airport and downtown. The staff are real friendly and helpful.

The only issues I had were I wished they had stronger curtains to keep the light out and being on the third floor, the forth floor was loud when people walked around.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 25, 2012

I know this is Alaska and everything is more expensive, but hokey smokes, Bullwinklle!!
The check in was efficient and the staff friendly. The facility is showing its age in small details, but they keep it pretty clean. Again, I know this is Alaska, but the AC shouldn't be so noisy. I had to turn the fan to "on" rather than "auto" to keep it from sounding like a lawnmower starting up in the room every couple of minutes. Probably just as well considering it seems to be a pretty noisy location (traffic.)
CAVEAT EMPTOR: My whole experience was somewhat soured by the fact that the "Get a tasty start to every day with a fresh, cooked-to-order breakfast" was going to cost $15 apiece. That breakfast is one of the "star" items in their advertising, but you have to get one of their "packages" for it to be included.
I guess I'm suffering from overall "Alaska Sticker Shock" ($1.75 for one dryer cycle?)
The airport shuttle was friendly and efficient (the confusion inflicted by another passenger was handled as efficiently as can be expected.)

Room Tip: The airport shuttle serves 3 hotels - allow time for multiple stops. Look into breakfast packages or plan on the Golden Corral across the parking lot. "When that egg gets to me it better have an act." - Bill Cosby commenting on the room service menu at the International in LV on his "For Adults Only" album.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple