“ok hotel”

Ranked #36 of 73 Hotels in Anchorage
Seattle, Washington
“ok hotel”
Reviewed March 19, 2014

had everything i needed and was close to where i needed to be /room was ok and everything worked like it was supposed to /the next time i'm in that neck of the woods i will consider staying here again

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank vardis3
Sonja J, Owner at Puffin Inn, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
It's great to hear that you would stay with us again! We love helping our guests enjoy our beautiful state, so it's great to hear that you think we're doing a good job. Thanks for the feedback and I hope you'll visit us again soon.

Sonja, Puffin Inn Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Anchorage
Reviewed March 16, 2014

I really enjoyed the bubble bath after my 15h trip on the plane!!! The carpet was a bit dirty and room was ok. It was noisy I needed earplugs to sleep but I slept well. Breakfast was ok, simple but ok. Thanks!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

2 Thank Olivier B
Sonja J, Owner at Puffin Inn, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
It's so great to hear that we could help you relax after such a long plane ride, Oliver. We're all about comfortable accommodations, so it means the world to hear that we're doing a good job. Thanks for the support and we hope you visit us again soon.

Cheers,
Asheville
Reviewed March 10, 2014

The wife and I have stayed at the Puffin Inn five times, and we are always pleased with the accommodations and especially the service. This time we reserved a "Jacuzzi Suite" on the third floor and it was great. On the third floor there is no noise from children stomping around above (hint, hint). The rooms are clean and functional, and the shuttle bus to the airport runs 24/7. Shuttle bus drivers Reggie and Edward are always on call.

Katie at the desk was exceptionally personable and efficient.

Right across the street is a great pizza place (Capri Pizza) with great Greek salads. The Millennium is just down the block one way and Gwennie's Old Alaska is just down the block the other way.

We didn't partake of the ample continental breakfast this time because we walked down to Gwennie's for a crab omelette.

Room Tip: Third floor in the main section away from the lobby and elevator are best.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank snopercod
Sonja J, Owner at Puffin Inn, responded to this review, March 16, 2014
Fifth time's the charm! We couldn't be happier to hear how much you and your wife enjoyed staying with us, and we can't wait to share your kind words with Reggie, Edward, Kate and the rest of our team. Thank you so much for making us a part of your time in Anchorage, and please let us know if there's anything we can do to make your next visit even more memorable!

Warm regards,
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Called to check availability, polite warm welcome from the front desk personal, Katie was knowlage, nice, and very helpful. We got a great deal on a wonderful room. Will definitely be coming back. Thank you all for a wonderful experience.

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank beers1989
Sonja J, Owner at Puffin Inn, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Katie works so hard and I know she's going to be delighted to see your compliments! We're all about top-notch customer service, so it's great to hear that you think we're doing a good job. Thanks for the review. I can't wait to welcome you back in the future.

New York City, New York
Reviewed February 15, 2014

I decided to stay at this because of budget despite despite very bad reviews. I had to call three times to confirm my reservation. Website advertises a rate of 86 dollars/night before taxes. I mentioned the 35% off deal on THEIR OWN WEBSITE and was told the reservation will be made with the discount. No confirmation was sent for two days. Called again and was told that the reservation is made for 96 dollars (I never got any email). The representative actually had the courage to tell me the rate was discounted already for 35% off and it comes up to 96 dollars because of taxes. Do they really think people can't do simple math. (86 dollars - 35% off=56 dollars), even with 10 percent tax on original price it doesn't go higher than 65 dollars. I wasted good 30 minutes of my time on booking, cancelling and teaching math. Will not consider doing business with this property. Stay away!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Zee L
PuffinManager, Manager at Puffin Inn, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
I am so sorry that you had an unsatisfactory experience with our reservations staff. The 35% off ad does specify that it is taken off of our Rack - or standard- Rate and not off of our already discounted rates. It looks like the rate you were looking at on our website was a promo rate - which was indeed already discounted and not subject to an additional 35% off. I apologize that that was not made clear to you when you were booking your reservation. I will definitely provide some additional training for our staff and appreciate when those types of miscommunication are brought to my attention. Hopefully you'll give us opportunity to book a room to your satisfaction.

Travelers are raving about these Anchorage hotels

Wasilla, Alaska
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Booked online and upon reading reviews asks to be placed on the renovated section, was upgraded and placed on the first floor room 1109. Well, it was not worth the upgrade since that room is next to the exit room and all night long people were going in and out of the exit more than the front door. That was annoying if you are a light sleeper. The staff was helpful and suggested we try the Japanese restaurant across the street.

Room Tip: Don't ever get room 1109, it's near the back exit
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Sonja J, Owner at Puffin Inn, responded to this review, January 18, 2014
It's great to hear that you thought our staff was friendly, but disappointing that your location next to the exit kept you up at night. I would have been happy to get you another room, if we had additional availability. Thanks for the feedback here on Yelp. Next time you're in town, I hope you'll stay with us again.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

Delayed return flights from Outside kept me from using their room in the back end of a pre-paid park-and-fly reservation. Their adherence to a form and internal policy will not allow a even a partial refund for not using their room. So a shuttle and parking cost me $160. They've lost a customer. I hope you stay away too.

Stayed January 2014
2 Thank GoodCustomerGoesAway
Sonja J, Owner at Puffin Inn, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
I'm very sorry to hear that your flights were delayed, Jay. Right now, we offer our park and ride reservation as a package deal that includes the room. We do no have a lower option that allows guests to just park and ride in the event of a delayed flight.

However, I apologize that you felt slighted by our policy. I will speak with the rest of the management team to see if there is anything we can to make sure we can discount our customers if a situation such as this occurs in the future. Thanks for the feedback and I promise to work hard to make sure a situation like this won't happen again.