“Fun urban location with a great view” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Arctic Fox Inn

Arctic Fox Inn
Ranked #4 of 128 Anchorage B&B and Inns
Boulder, Colorado
“Fun urban location with a great view”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

My stay at the Arctic Fox Inn was a really special time for me. I was in Anchorage without a vehicle so I loved how the Inn was just a short walk from downtown. It was awesome, I was there on the weekend so I got to take advantage of the amazing farmer's market, which is no more than 3-4 blocks from the Inn. You can find all sorts of food, locally grown produce, and lots of Alaskan artisan products. I also loved how the Inn sits looking out over the Alaska Railroad yards, the industrial port, and Ship Creek (where lots of people were out fishing for salmon); it gives the place a fun urban feel.Though in an urban setting, you can see Mt. Susitna really well to the northwest and the Chugach Mountains to the southeast so you don't forget for a minute you are in Alaska. I absolutely love the mountains, so the best part of my stay was the night before I left I got to see the top of Mt. McKinley from the upper deck! That was really special because I didn't get to head north to see more of that amazing mountain.

Overall, the staff was very courteous and helpful, my room was comfortable and clean with nice big pillows and a down comforter, the breakfast was a delicious spread, I got to meet some very interesting fellow travelers, and again, I really enjoyed the location. I have stayed in a number of other places in Anchorage, and after such a great experience and wonderful hospitality, I will definitely be returning to the Arctic Fox. I highly recommend this place!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Fox_and_Flower, General Manager at Arctic Fox Inn, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Thanks for staying with us here at the Arctic Fox. We agree that the urban location makes Arctic Fox a great place to stay in order to be close to downtown happenings. There is certainly a lot of Anchorage history to be seen and felt out the windows of our Inn. We look forward to your return visit, whenever that may be.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Anchorage, Alaska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

Had a wonderful stay at the Arctic Fox this summer in room number 3. We checked in at around 8:30 which was a little later than our original expected time. Carol showed us to our private apartment and made us feel right at home. She told us of some great restaurants close by and we decided to go to the Slippery Salmon (which was only about a 5 minute walk). We had a great nights sleep and a wonderful breakfast in the morning. We will recommend this place to all of our friends!

Room Tip: Room number 3 has a great view of Sleeping Lady!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Fox_and_Flower, General Manager at Arctic Fox Inn, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Ah, maizyjane, we remember you and your handsome man with the remarkable sense of humor. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Arctic Fox and hope we will see you on one of your returns to this part of Anchorage.
Tulum, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

its a very nice newly remodeled place, carol was a great host , roooms are very comfortable , great breakfast highly recommended, for the area and the price is great , we rented a 2 bedroom apartment which was amazing for 5 people

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We certainly enjoyed having your group of five visit us a short while ago. What a fun, international mix you brought to our Inn during your visit.
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

We cannot fault this place. The welcome from Carol...and the milk to allow us to make tea after
our late arrival, the lovely cooked breakfasts, the packed breakfast when we needed to leave at 5.30am the next day, taxi bookings and restaurant bookings. On our return we had the pleasure of staying for another 3 days. The apartment was immaculate, beds comfortable and we were able to leave our cases there for the last day when we had a midnight flight.. Lovely place, lovely people...don't miss it!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We felt privileged to have your fun group stay with us during several days of your Alaska vacation. Thank you for your kind words. Thank you for making Arctic Fox one of your stops!
Palo Alto, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

Thanks Larry and Allen for your warm hospitality. Beth and I felt welcomed each time we stayed which was 4 times in 10 days at your properties. Luved the breakfast, decorated rooms and view of the trains. We are train foamers, sort of! Beds were comfortable. Great location. Can't wait to receive our comfortable t-shirt. "Slept around with Larry and Allen" Thanks again.

Room Tip: Views at the Arctic Fox Inn.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Nancy T
Fox_and_Flower, Manager at Arctic Fox Inn, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear Train Foamers",

You two brought a special energy to Arctic Fox, though your time here was short. Thanks for staying the night with us and know that we enjoyed having you.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

ADMINISTRATION - From reservations to check out the process was perfectly organized, better than some hotel experiences I've had. They graciously accommodated our last minute flight delay, calling to personally confirm at they would work around whatever time we needed to check in.

ROOMS - I only saw the inside of the room i stayed in but I was pleasantly surprised by the modern decor with a boutique hotel room feel. I had a shared bath that you wouldn't even know was being shared. It wasn't as modern as the room but it was very clean and got the job done.

STAFF - everyone was so nice. From the woman who checked us in the guy who cooked us breakfast. They gave us tips on where to go and what to see. Very nice and helpful.

BREAKFAST - there is something for everyone here ...I'm a vegetarian and my boyfriend is a big meat eater we were both really happy with the spread. Eggs, sausage, yogurt, cereal, breads, fruit, etc., etc. literally if you want it they probably have it.

VALUE - worth every penny. I would definitely recommend this to anyone visiting Anchorage.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We enjoyed having you visit us at the Arctic Fox. Thanks for your kind words. It is our wonderful guests who make this business so fun and worthwhile.
San Francisco Bay Area
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

I stayed at the Arctic Fox in mid-August. As I understand it, this is an old apartment building the interior of which has been substantially remodeled and made into a comfortable bed and breakfast inn. The outside of the building has no charm to it, but the guest rooms and interior common areas are quite nice and very clean and comfortable. The inn is located in an industrial part of town, about 200 yards from the railroad yard, and so the sounds of train horns and moving freight cars are very noticeable on the railroad yard side of the building. Indeed, I had to request a different room because the noise was bothersome. I must say, however, that once in my room on the other side of the building, I did not hear any sounds coming from the train yard and had a very good night's rest. The breakfast was adequate, but nothing special. The hostess on duty at the time of my arrival was very courteous and helpful. I was scheduled to leave Anchorage the next morning after a week long fishing trip. I had frozen fish in a box and was concerned that it my might thaw if not kept overnight in a freezer. When I mentioned this problem to the hostess, she offered to let me keep my box of fish in their freezer, which I am sure saved the day. I was thankful for her thoughtfulness. The hostess also knew the area very well and was able to direct me to a nearby restaurant that had good food. Overall, for the price, this bed and breakfast offers a clean room with a comfortable bed and courteous staff.

Room Tip: As mentioned in my comments above, the inn is located near a railroad yard. I would recommend askin...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank woodsway
Fox_and_Flower, Manager at Arctic Fox Inn, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thank you for visiting us here at the Arctic Fox. As much as the sounds of the trains seemed a bit too much for you, others come here to hear, and ride, the trains! Those differences are what make our world go round. Anyway, we are glad that you got good rest once we changed your room location.