“Warm welcome and comfortable stay”
Review of Arctic Fox Inn

Arctic Fox Inn
Ranked #3 of 126 Anchorage B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We cannot fault this place. The welcome from Carol...and the milk to allow us to make tea after
our late arrival, the lovely cooked breakfasts, the packed breakfast when we needed to leave at 5.30am the next day, taxi bookings and restaurant bookings. On our return we had the pleasure of staying for another 3 days. The apartment was immaculate, beds comfortable and we were able to leave our cases there for the last day when we had a midnight flight.. Lovely place, lovely people...don't miss it!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Fox_and_Flower, General Manager at Arctic Fox Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

We felt privileged to have your fun group stay with us during several days of your Alaska vacation. Thank you for your kind words. Thank you for making Arctic Fox one of your stops!

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Thanks Larry and Allen for your warm hospitality. Beth and I felt welcomed each time we stayed which was 4 times in 10 days at your properties. Luved the breakfast, decorated rooms and view of the trains. We are train foamers, sort of! Beds were comfortable. Great location. Can't wait to receive our comfortable t-shirt. "Slept around with Larry and Allen" Thanks again.

Room Tip: Views at the Arctic Fox Inn.
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Nancy T
Fox_and_Flower, Manager at Arctic Fox Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Dear Train Foamers",

You two brought a special energy to Arctic Fox, though your time here was short. Thanks for staying the night with us and know that we enjoyed having you.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

ADMINISTRATION - From reservations to check out the process was perfectly organized, better than some hotel experiences I've had. They graciously accommodated our last minute flight delay, calling to personally confirm at they would work around whatever time we needed to check in.

ROOMS - I only saw the inside of the room i stayed in but I was pleasantly surprised by the modern decor with a boutique hotel room feel. I had a shared bath that you wouldn't even know was being shared. It wasn't as modern as the room but it was very clean and got the job done.

STAFF - everyone was so nice. From the woman who checked us in the guy who cooked us breakfast. They gave us tips on where to go and what to see. Very nice and helpful.

BREAKFAST - there is something for everyone here ...I'm a vegetarian and my boyfriend is a big meat eater we were both really happy with the spread. Eggs, sausage, yogurt, cereal, breads, fruit, etc., etc. literally if you want it they probably have it.

VALUE - worth every penny. I would definitely recommend this to anyone visiting Anchorage.

• Stayed: August 2013

We enjoyed having you visit us at the Arctic Fox. Thanks for your kind words. It is our wonderful guests who make this business so fun and worthwhile.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

I stayed at the Arctic Fox in mid-August. As I understand it, this is an old apartment building the interior of which has been substantially remodeled and made into a comfortable bed and breakfast inn. The outside of the building has no charm to it, but the guest rooms and interior common areas are quite nice and very clean and comfortable. The inn is located in an industrial part of town, about 200 yards from the railroad yard, and so the sounds of train horns and moving freight cars are very noticeable on the railroad yard side of the building. Indeed, I had to request a different room because the noise was bothersome. I must say, however, that once in my room on the other side of the building, I did not hear any sounds coming from the train yard and had a very good night's rest. The breakfast was adequate, but nothing special. The hostess on duty at the time of my arrival was very courteous and helpful. I was scheduled to leave Anchorage the next morning after a week long fishing trip. I had frozen fish in a box and was concerned that it my might thaw if not kept overnight in a freezer. When I mentioned this problem to the hostess, she offered to let me keep my box of fish in their freezer, which I am sure saved the day. I was thankful for her thoughtfulness. The hostess also knew the area very well and was able to direct me to a nearby restaurant that had good food. Overall, for the price, this bed and breakfast offers a clean room with a comfortable bed and courteous staff.

Room Tip: As mentioned in my comments above, the inn is located near a railroad yard. I would recommend askin...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank woodsway
Fox_and_Flower, Manager at Arctic Fox Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Thank you for visiting us here at the Arctic Fox. As much as the sounds of the trains seemed a bit too much for you, others come here to hear, and ride, the trains! Those differences are what make our world go round. Anyway, we are glad that you got good rest once we changed your room location.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at the Arctic Fox in mid-August. As other reviews of stated, the outside of the inn needs some help, but the inside was wonderful. We had an apartment on the bottom floor for two nights and moved upstairs to a standard room for a night. Both rooms were wonderful.

Breakfast was delicious and the company of fellow travelers was also lovely. Carol was so inviting and couldn't have done more to make us feel welcome. She was a wealth of information about the area and the state.

The location was great and was easily within walking distance of the downtown area and railroad. The surrounding area of the inn was a bit rundown, but I felt safe at all times.

Don't pass up the opportunity to stay in this great place.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Fox_and_Flower, Manager at Arctic Fox Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Thank you for your kind remarks. We are happy when our guests leave happy. You are what make our world here at Arctic Fox the fun place it is.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

It was a most exciting vacation we have had in a long time. We were thrilled at the way Larry and Allen received us. They made us feel so welcome.
Even when you get in at crazy hours of the morning they made it so easy to access our room.
Oh we were so very impressed with even our first room. I have to say that when we tried booking way back in March most places were booked for July. Larry & Allen found a way for us to stay at there B&B location for 3 nights then moved to our other apartment for the rest of our stay. The rooms were clean and we received the best care while we were there. They made suggestions for dining out and everyone that we went to was excellent Thanks again for a wonderful experience in Anchorage, Alaska.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Fox_and_Flower, Manager at Arctic Fox Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

We are happy that you had such a great time in Alaska. Thanks for including us in your visit. Our door is open to you should you come for a return trip.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Excellent location, clean, safe, and very accommodating for my last minute changes. I had a chance to meet the owner/operators, who were very well traveled, insightful, and offered ideas about what to do about town. I also needed to get some business done during my stay and the fast and free wifi was perfect. My only complaint is that the coffee was not good. It was bad enough to ruin an otherwise pleasant breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Thanks for visiting us here at the Arctic Fox. Wow. So sorry about the bad coffee. We have changed the recipe so that should not happen to the next travelers. Our apologies, William! Should you have occasion to visit us again, we hope you will think our coffee is the best!