“mediocre place, good staff”
Review of Arctic Fox Inn

Arctic Fox Inn
Ranked #3 of 126 Anchorage B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Very nice and helpful staff, close to everything downtown, clean room but many broken, old furniture. Unit had a greasy food smell. The walls were so thin we could hear the people in the next unit talking while their kid ran through their unit. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed June 18, 2012

walking distance from down town Anchorage, very clean , helpful staff , friendly owner and good quality guests. Will stay again there if I can get the chance to go back to Anchorage.

Room Tip: I took the Master Bed room
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Tucked away, but an easy 10-15min walk to touristy stuff in downtown anchorage.
Dont be fooled by the ugly exterior. Its extremely comfortable inside!
Very comfy couches chairs, big windows, many books to read, lovely patio with view of Mts.

Fantastic breakfast: eggs, juices, variety of breads, bagels, many fruits, coffee, teas, yogurts, cereals. One day there was even french toast! The managers and their staff are fantastic, friendly knowledgeable and very helpful. I'd stay here again in a heartbeat!
Rooms and bathrooms are SPOTLESS.

Nicer and way cheaper than the big hotels in the vicinity: 99-130$ a night for Arctic Fox Inn.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 20, 2011

Tucked away and our taxi found it tricky to find but it is only 15 minutes from center. It was a comfortable B&B we used prior to our climb on Denali. We used it pre and post trip as I believe its one of Mountain Trips favourites.
Comfortable rooms, a splendid deck/balcony to enjoy coffee and a very family style living room for breakfast. The people running the place were very pleasant. The place hardly rocked but it was certainly up to the job. Helpful staff pointed us in the right direction for restaurants but I'm not sure they new the recommendations very well as I suspect they were probably more used to a coffee shops than a lively place to eat.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed October 6, 2011

we stayed one night in transit and then three nights after our "road trip". We had a room with a bathroom shared with Judy the Manager but this was no problem whatsoever as Judy was always up early. The room was great although small but with a big communal lounge you could sit in and watch TV or chat to other guests we only used our room for sleeping. What we love about staying in these B and B's and Inns is mixing with other guests. The breakfasts were ample and catered for every taste - plenty of fresh fruit and juice, toast, yoghurt, cereal and a cooked dish. Hot drinks were available to make yourself after a day out.
The location was great, when we handed our rental car in we got on the bus but downtown was within easy walking distance.
Judy and Denise were wonderful and interested in what we were doing or were we were going.
I noticed other guests leaving bulky luggage while they were away doing other things.
I Would highly recommend as a reasonably priced, friendly, quiet, clean and well located place to stay. I couldn't understand other reviews saying the decor needed updating.

Room Tip: Dont be put off sharing a bathroom if you want a cheaper room.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jaybe
Reviewed October 2, 2011

We found Arctic Fox very comfortable and friendly. Staff were most helpful, they provided a delicious gluten Free breakfast with ease. The living room is spacious and comfortable, bedrooms smaller but comfortable. The accommodation is well located and a great value for money option .

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 17, 2011

I stayed at the Artic Fox for 5 nights over a period of 3 weeks in between touring around Alaska.Judy the host was there to welcome me on my first day of arrival and also packed me a wholesome to go breakfast for 4 of those days as I was always away before breakfast.The other members of the staff that I bumped into were also friendley and helpful .Judy was always ready to hear what I had done that day.They are also obliging in leaving ones luggage if you are overnight on a backpack.Procedures are in place for late arrivals which work well and if need be a phone is on the kitchen table where one can ring for assistance if by chance the host is absent.
Hosts are more than willing to share a meal and a talk with you.
My room with bathroom was satisfactory It was clean I had hot water.The bed I found comfortable .I had no problem once the curtains where closed but then I was there August/September 2011.
It is within working distance of the train station and there is a hill but if you go down another block the hill is not so bad.You can also walk under a covered walkway and that is steps and a bit of an incline when coming up.
You can hear the trains of a night but that did not bother me.
Previous reviewers state that the rooms need to be updated frankly I did not pay to much attention to decor I needed a comfortable , bed bugs don't bite , feel safe place to sleep and I found that at Artic Fox.

I found the owners more than obliging even before I left Australia with my various questions on tours available in Alaska.

It is also within walking distance of the shops,eateries and harbour.You are not close to a grocery store for this you need a taxi ,although you can walk as I did and have a great hamburger at the hamburger place on the way home.

There is ample parking if you are driving( I was not so walked everywhere).

Based on my experience I can recommend this B &B