“Simply the best”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Anchorage
Alaskan Frontier Gardens Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #13 of 126 Anchorage B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

If You are looking for the esense of american people in the right way. people smart and common sense. If You want to be like a five star hotel, but like at Home. This is your place. Beautiful rooms. In the winter is marvellous!! Thanks Rita!! The Bed confortable, the jacuzzi while You see snowing....

Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Alaskan Frontier Gardens Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed October 24, 2013

This was the first bed and breakfast I've ever stayed and thanks to the great experience, it won't be my last! The house is situated in a lovely neighborhood not far from the airport and 5 minutes away from Flattop Mountain. The house was impeccably decorated and the grounds were lovely.

Room Tip: Even in the shoulder season between summer and winter (there's not much of a fall season), it wa...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 20, 2013

I had a 2 night stay in the Ivory Suite on my business trip to Anchorage and enjoyed my brief stay. The breakfast was yummy (especially the baked peaches) and I really enjoyed chatting with the innkeepers. The location was perfect for me - only 15 minute drive to downtown and 5 minutes from the trailhead for Flattop Peak, which was a great hike. I loved lounging in the common room and gazing at all the Alaskan crafts. The wifi was perfect. The two dogs were very sweet. Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 4, 2013

- very clean and comfortable stay
- owner was very nice
- nice breakfast for morning
- easy keys pick up
- nice alaskan house
- separate bathroom
- very good service overall
- huge bed & breakfast house full of all sort of alaskan artifacts

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We stayed just one night in the Fireweed room. The room and linen were ok. Not super clean. Like another reviewer mentioned, the towels really smelled old and musty. Owner definitely needs to get a new set. Private bathroom was not attached to room, but was very clean.

At the breakfast table owner did not let us know what items were available. We were the last to be seated at the table as we were the last to arrive, while the other guests were already having their breakfasts. There were so many things at the table, it would have been nice if the owner had pointed out to us what items were available. Also we are vegetarians who do not eat eggs, but she served us french toast. She did not ask our preference.

But we liked the grounds and interaction with other guests. The rustic and large living area had a lot of reading material on Alaska and beautiful windows overlooking the yard. Decent property at the outskirts of Anchorage. But nothing great to write home about.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jira6
Reviewed August 24, 2013

My friend and I had a lovely experience here. We got in late at night so we didn't have much time to enjoy the scenery. The room was of ample size, the bathroom was clean and the breakfast was delicious!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

Overall this place was slightly below average. I'm surprised there are so many excellent reviews on here. It's a beautiful home but the room was not very clean. There was dust everywhere and hair on the linens. The towels smelled sour (I know that sounds strange but that's the only way to describe it). The breakfast was mediocre but the berries she served were moldy. There are two friendly and loveable dogs there and the house is filled with uniquely Alaskan decor. I would not stay here again even though the price was reasonable.

• Stayed: August 2013