“All around solid choice in Anchorage”

Dimond Center Hotel
Ranked #16 of 73 Hotels in Anchorage
Florida
“All around solid choice in Anchorage”
Reviewed July 18, 2010

I stayed four night over three separate occasions during a two week visit to Alaska. The location is good near shops and some restaurants and not far from most Anchorage points of interest. The room was much larger than average and was clean and had decent furnishings. I liked the large bathroom area, though I didn't use the separate garden tub/jacuzzi. The room was also quiet-something I consider a big plus.

Service personnel overall were helpful, though sometimes tied up with buses full of Japanese tour groups which seemed to choose this location. The free breakfast is no frills and not worth making the effort if you're on the go.

I found Anchorage hotels to be generally overpriced, but considering that fact, the Dimond Center seemed a good value and I would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank Florida-Images

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Midlothian, Virginia
Reviewed July 7, 2010

We became aware of the Dimond Center Hotel through the Toursaver Coupon books, and stayed there for the first two nights of our Alaskan vacation. Hotel personnel promptly dispatched a van for our 11:30 pm airport pick-up. The hotel is located on the bus line, so we caught a morning bus downtown to rent a car at a much lower rate than available at the airport. The breakfast included hot foods (waffles, bacon, eggs, sausage, etc.) in addition to the usual breakfast breads. The beds were very comfortable. The bathroom situation, with the translucent glass window to the bedroom, was as little awkward, be we managed to work with it without compromising privacy. I have high praise for the staff who found and secured a valuable item that I lost during our stay.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank NetherQueen
Plymouth, Minnesota
Reviewed May 26, 2010

This is a very nice hotel, clean, comfortable, near Dimond Center Mall (fun to go through as long as you're so close). The front desk crew were just super great, special thanks to the General Manager, Sheri Makela. She was so very helpful to us, even arranged to have their van pick us up at Avis car rental in Anchorage ~ way beyond the call of duty. Gave us ideas on where to go while in Anchorage (she suggested the Alaska zoo, which we really enjoyed).

The breakfast served is ample, muffins, yogurt, juice, cereal, toast, etc. No complaints at all ~ we were quite pleased with choosing this hotel, thanks TA!! BTW, use the Northern Lights coupon book for a 2/1 on this hotel ~ very good deal.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Fronnie
TENNESSEE
Reviewed October 9, 2009

I was very impressed with the rooms. They were larger than most and nicely decorated. My husband loved the garden tub and the shutter window that opened into the bedroom.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BARRYDONNATN
Juneau, AK
Reviewed October 9, 2009

This is my third stay here and I think this is one of the best values in Anchorage. Sitting in the big tub watching TV after work is a definite plus in my travel dream checklist! Large, immaculate, quiet rooms, easy access from anywhere, free breakfast, plenty of parking as well as courteous employees means I'll keep coming back. Hard to stay here in the summer for leisure visits due to the cost - but that's true of any hotel in Anchorage in the summer. Nice meeting facilities here as well although I haven't used them for that....yet.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank blueeyes1001
Thornton, Colorado
Reviewed August 25, 2009

This is a new hotel. The rooms are very big and spacious with a jetted tub. Continental breakfast is included in the price, and it was very well served. Overall, splendid stay!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank susymichelle
ak
Reviewed August 18, 2009

The hotel is very pretty, and we have stayed there many times before. Continental breakfast is good too. Generally the hotel is clean, but I have stayed there before and laid in the bed covered up and was completely gagged because the comforter had a very strong B.O. smell to it. Also every time me or my family has stayed there which was often over the last few years our credit cards have been double and triple charged and many times the deposit hold amount never came off my account. We all have to call them every time we stay to inform them our cheap room cost over $500. I decided not to stay there any more after the last charge. Just watch your credit card account. If it doesn't match up call them repeatedly and inform your credit card company.

Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple