“Solid accommodations in South Anchorage.”

Dimond Center Hotel
Ranked #16 of 74 Hotels in Anchorage
Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

I travel to Anchorage for work often and would recommend new visitors to Anchorage consider staying in the Downtown Marriott or the Captain Cook (great hotels much closer to the action Anchorage has to offer). Having said this if you are working in South Anchorage, are just needing a place to stay on your way to skiing in Alyeska or locations down in the Kenai, I would strongly recommend this hotel. The rooms are large, clean, and traveler friendly. The bathrooms are large and built for anyone who loves taking baths. The beds are comfortable and the staff are very helpful (especially the gentlemen who drive the shuttle), and the prices are reasonable. If you can, bring your own bath products as those provided by the hotel are a little subpar. A side note, this hotel is owned by a Alaska Native Corporation so you can feel good about supporting the people of Alaska.

• Stayed: January 2013
3  Thank GlobalSnowHound

Reviewed October 1, 2012

I have stayed at several hotels in Anchorage and find that I keep returning to Dimond Center. The comfort is unsurpassable and the customer service is outstanding. I am in the Tourist Industry myself and a believer that whatever the situation, that good customer service is very valuable to a company and it's customers. I find that all the employee's had good knowledge and that they seemed geniunely interested in helping. The best of the whole place is that it is thoroughly clean. I feel that my room is always spotless, sanitized and the best it can be. I will forever reccommend this hotel to friends and clients.

Room Tip: I liked them all so wherever I was placed, was perfect.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank FlyFishLady
Reviewed September 29, 2012

While traveling back and forth from Wasilla to Homer for a fishing trip we booked and stayed at the Dimond Center Hotel in Anchorage for one night. Our booking was made on line and everything went smoothly. The staff was very pleasant. Our room was very large with a huge jacuzzi in it plus coffee and micro wave. Great bed and TV. The decor was purely Alaskan throughout the hotel. The lounge was okay but nothing special. Simple but good bar food. Of course they had Alaskan beers. The hotel is in a business area in the Dimond Center, not much of a view except for the city. I would recommend this hotel for anyone traveling through the area.

Room Tip: Try to get a top floor room, no noise from above. We were on the second floor but didn't hear a...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Doug W
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We stayed at this hotel after a very long trip from Florida. We got in late but the bar was still open and served excellent food. We thought our room was great. It was spacious and clean, the beds were comfortable and the staff was very friendly. They have a decent free breakfast in the morning and the shuttle took us to pick up our rental car. We are returning next summer and will definitely stay here before we start our road trip.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Pakrugg
Reviewed September 17, 2012

This hotel has very nice rooms and large bathrooms. We stayed two seperate times in our recent trip to Alaska and both times were very good. The included breakfast was also good. I have no concern at all about recommending this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mljax
Reviewed September 16, 2012

We've stayed here before and liked it. Now, DCH has removed the AUX function from every tv to ensure that if you don't want only basic cable (they have no movie channels) you will have to pay for their movies. In other words, you cannot plug in your little dvd player so your kids can relax with a favorite movie. You can, however, pay additional to order their odd selection of PPV movies. The front desk staff explained that it is “too complicated to change anything on the tv.” Uh...really? She referred me to the guest services manager. I left two phone messages for this person, three days apart, the last one including the information that my VISA card bill listed a higher charge from DCH than was printed on the receipt which I had in my hand. I left both my home & cell numbers. No response!!
In addition, here were several small items on the floors next to the beds--two buttons, an old crumpled receipt, crumbs, and a hair band, making me wonder about the cleanliness of the room. My husband went over to the lounge to buy an expensive piece of cheesecake and brought it back to the room--it was still frozen, because it was from Costco. The maid opened the door at 9am without knocking, which was creepy. Great tubs and we liked the location, but this money-grubbing tv policy is a deal-breaker for us, especially as our kids relax in a strange room by watching their current favorite, and are able then to go to sleep; and getting zero response on my concerns, particularly the financial one, has soured my previously much more positive view of this hotel. When winter comes and tourists leave, Alaskans like us will make another choice when we travel to Anchorage, so I think the management is being short-sighted as well as unresponsive.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank DynamicDuo2007
Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

Boutique style hotel! Awesome bathrooms nice view of the mountains , very centrally located to both downtown and airport ! Lots of good restaurants around here .... Breakfast was a lil disappointing , but that seems to be the case everywhere :-)

• Stayed: September 2012