“Yummmm”

Dining options: Reservations
Valdez
“Yummmm”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

I've eaten there twice and will Be going back. We had a large group and they accommodated us nicely. The children's menu is fun and healthy. I think the lunch menu is a good value for this venue.

Indonesia
“Great place to eat”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

LIng & Louie's is a great place to dine in Anchorage. While mainly Asian, they also offer dishes such as meatloaf (soooo good) and sliders...also with an Asian twist to them. They do get very busy so you may want to call ahead if you are pressed for time. The menu is very varied and some dishes are quite spicy. Service is always very friendly.

Anchorage, Alaska
“Fun vibe but mediocre service and inconsistent food”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

The two of us were seated fairly quickly (about 10 minutes) on a Saturday evening. Our server brought water and gave us menus, then disappeared for about 15 minutes. When she returned, we ordered drinks, and I had to catch her quickly as she sped away to get an appetizer order in. My friend's beer came quickly, it took a bit longer for my iced tea. It took about 10-15 minutes for us to catch her again to place our meal order (although she walked right past our booth several times, once even leaning against our booth to let someone pass).

My friend asked about the "Evil Jungle Princess" dishes, marked as very hot and spicy. She said it had a lot of veggies, and the chicken or beef, and if he liked spicy curry, he would like it. I ordered the sliders, as I was afraid the hot and spicy dishes would be to hot for me.

Our flatbread appetizer arrived just after we placed our meal order, and was very good. When the meal came, it was a bit disappointing. My sliders were good, but the accompanying garlic parmesan fries were tasteless. The waitress brought me a small dish of sea salt for my fries at my request, as there was no salt or pepper on the table. My friend's Evil Jungle Princess chicken was a total miss. The chicken was cooked well, but had no seasoning that we could detect, except possibly a hint of orange. There were a few veggies in the dish, but not much, and the dish was rounded out with a good sized layer of rice underneath. When the waitress asked how things were, we told her the chicken dish was totally bland, and she offered to get a bottle of hot sauce from the kitchen (which we declined).

All in all, the decor was fun, the appetizer very good and the sliders were good, but the service was slow, and one entree and the fries were tasteless. Based on this, I doubt we'll give Ling and Louie a second chance.

• Visited November 2012
“Fast, tasty & consistent, with an Asian spin”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stopped in at Ling & Louie's for dinner after a 4 hour drive from out of town. Really hungry, we were ready to eat! Waiter appeared quickly and we placed our order almost before we put our napkins in our laps. Potstickers showed up quickly & took the edge off, followed quickly by entrees. My husband had sizzling filet& shrimp, I had sizzling chicken and pork. Both were very good. Satisfying meal for a reasonable price.

Anchorage, Alaska, United States
“Tried twice, disappointed twice”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

My first visit was shortly after it opened, so I cut them some slack for taking an hour to deliver our lunch--which we had to make up by staying late at work, of course. But the meal was the highly touted F'n Loaded Sliders and I found the flavors weird and the presentation disgusting.

We went by a second time for dinner recently and I got the Sesame-seared Ahi Salad. It sounded good (like the time I ordered before) but again it was disgusting. The salad swam in an awful miso dressing that was thick, sweet and salty. They couldn't have made it worse if they tried.

When I told the waiter what I thought about the dish he just shrugged and said, "Sorry." End of story. I was expected to just be happy and pay the bill.

They are not getting a third try from me.

• Visited October 2012