Anchorage Marriott Downtown
Lakeshore Inn & Suites(Anchorage)(Great Value!)
$89
Anchorage Grand Hotel(Anchorage)(Great Value!)
$95
$85
Comfort Inn Ship Creek(Anchorage)(Great Value!)
$63
ComfortInn
Dimond Center Hotel(Anchorage)(Great Value!)
$149
$80
$59
QualityInn
$53
The Hotel Captain Cook(Anchorage)
$165
  • Pool
All reviewsthe concierge loungeroyal caribbeanwithin walking distancelobby barland tournice hotelbell staffper dayland portionfew blocksroom was spaciouscruise linesnow city cafeonly stayed one nightcook inletbusiness centerfree internet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 20, 2013

A Marriott is always a Marriott and for that it’s always a good, safe bet for lodging. We stayed here our first 2 nights after arriving in Alaska, before heading out to Denali and parts beyond. Rooms were large and well appointed, beds super comfortable, and service great at the front desk and parking valet. The hotel seems to be the place where incoming/outgoing cruise and other tours stay, but even with lots of “buzz”, we never had any long waits and service was good. The quick meal we had in the hotel café and breakfast the next morning were both good. Not much Alaskan character here, but you can save that for your future nights traveling throughout the state. Marriott is in a good location. Downtown Anchorage is small and easily walkable from this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RiaPB
Cheryl H, Manager at Anchorage Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Dear RiaPB,

Thank you for your response! We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, we hope you will come again!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed September 17, 2013

I realize everything is expensive in Alaska, but even my conference rate was a bit much for this hotel and we got a great deal. For the regular going rate, i would expect much more. Not to say this isn't a nice hotel, it is. The staff were very friendly which i liked. The person who cleaned my room was very sweet, though one day it didn't get cleaned. Not a huge deal and i may have had the do not disturb on for a few hours while working, but nobody even knocked to check. Room was spacious and had a nice desk to work from and good view. Bed was very comfortable. Ate and had drinks at the bar. Service was friendly and quick. Food was average at best and not a ton of options for a vegetarian. The pizza flatbread was ok and the nachos you can pass on. The wine list was decent and priced fine. I personally think all hotel breakfasts are not worth the price, so i only ate here once. They had a decent buffet selection, though nothing special. There are plenty of local coffee shops nearby or try Snow City for excellent food. The location was good though it can take awhile for a taxi to show up. They had fruit flavored water in the lobby which was a nice touch and a cozy fireplace.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank zoecatva

Dear Zoecatva,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I am pleased that overall you really enjoyed your stay with us all the way from the hotel condition to staff service. I am sorry that you did not receive stay over service on one day during your stay with us. If you did not have your DND sign on the door it was a huge oversight on our part and not acceptable in any way. It is a policy that if a DND sign is present we are not to knock or make any attempt to contact the guest, in the event that the guest really does not want to be disturbed. Either way, please accept our apologies.
We are pleased you were able to enjoy a discounted group rate with your Conference. I appreciate that you are aware of the Peak season here in Alaska, while summer rates are more expensive they are most definitely in line with the market.

We hope you will be our guest again soon! Thank you for choosing the Marriott.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed September 13, 2013

I was very impressed by the Marriott. The room I was assigned was a large, corner room on the 17th floor. The room was clean, with a comfortable bed. The bathroom was larger than the typical Marriott's bathroom, with good lighting and a nice shower.

I had a very attentive and sweet restaurant server, who encouraged me to take full advantage of the free continental breakfast offered to Platinum Marriott Rewards members. The buffet offered a full variety of baked goods and fruit for the continental, along with eggs, omelets, etc. for the full breakfast.

There were only a couple of downsides to the hotel. The major one is that it was built without self-parking, so you have to pay for valet parking unless you want to try the parking garage across the street. The other minor issue is that the sign-in screen for the wi-fi service doesn't make it clear that Gold and Platinum Rewards members will get complimentary access.

I would definitely stay at this Marriott if I return to Anchorage.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Jeff D
Cheryl H, Manager at Anchorage Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Dear Jeff D,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback! I was glad to see you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to having you back again.

Regards,

Reviewed September 12, 2013

I have stayed here numerous times on business and this is very good hotel. It has a great location, a friendly staff and nice rooms. The restaurant is above average, but I have found it better to walk to some of the nearby restaurants for dinner, however the breakfast is very good.

Room Tip: During the tourist season, check out the night before or set up your account such that you can just drop your key off and go as the lines to check out will be extremely long in the morning.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank sig45ace

Hello!

Thank you for staying with us recently. We do appreciate your loyalty to the Marriott Downtown. I am very pleased to see that you have enjoyed several stays with us. We are in a great location to experience the variety of dining options that downtown has to offer, glad to see that you have taken advantage of it!

Warm Regards.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

Spent two nights. Had a lovely view but beyond that nothing special. Standard room with no frills, no fridge, no microwave and $24.00 a night to park. First night the room next door took a shower and the pipe noise in our room was awful. My morning shower went from hot to freezing cold. Second night the tourist bus arrived. Could barely make it through the lobby among the luggage and people. 10:00 p.m. and tourist knocking on all the doors with some list looking for her party. Must not have been a guided tour. As a long time alaskan there are a lot better choices in Anchorage for a better price. As I am writing this review the loud unexplained rattling noise which I assume is the pipes is awful.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank zooliving

Dear Zooliving,

I am very sorry to hear that your recent stay with us was less an enjoyable. I too am a life long Alaskan as am sorry that we weren't able to live up to our local guests standards. I do hope that you reported your water and pipe noise issues to the front desk. It would greatly help us so that we can not only fix the problem, but help avoid the disturbances in the future.

Thank you for taking the time to let us know that we failed to provide you the experience you deserve. Our sincere apologies.

Regards,