“Prepare to open your wallet”

Anchorage Marriott Downtown
Ranked #10 of 74 Hotels in Anchorage
Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

Very nice place just like most Marriotts. The extras though are outrageous. $13 per night for Internet. $25 for parking. Breakfast was the most expensive eggs that I have ever bought. The room and staff however were great.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank spottednewt1

Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

The staff at Anchorage Marriott downtown were very accommodating. Everyone was very friendly and helpful and the hotel it self was very clean. Some of the people in my party had issues with there room being not up to Marriott standard and one couple even had dirty sheets. Although the manager did everything he could to take care of all our problems it is still a bit frighting to pull back the sheets of the bed after a very long flight and find dried up semen on your sheets. My room and sheets where clean so I cannot base my experience at the Anchorage Marriott off anything but that so my overall stay was good.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 6, 2013

It was a traditional Marriott experience. I arrived very late to the hotel, but was checked in and into my room in short order. The room was clean, comfortable and traveler friendly. I didn't get a chance to use any of the hotel's amenities (gym, restaurant, etc), so I'm not able to provide any insight here. I had to check out very early (think 4a), and though there was a small error on my bill, the front desk clerk said she would take care of it and email me the new receipt.

So why only three out of five? Two reasons:
1. The wireless internet is per device and not per room, and it is painfully slow. If Hampton Inn (and others) are including WiFi in their offering, Marriott would be wise to match this.
2. The emailed receipt was a pdf of a picture image -- not the most professional looking of documents. I think there is an opportunity for improvement here.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I had a very comfortable stay at this hotel. The customer service was exceptional, and the valet parking is so convenient. I had a room facing the water, which made my stay that much better. This will be my hotel of choice every time I come to Anchorage.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher room facing the water! A gorgeous view overlooking downtown Anchorage!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 1, 2013

This hotel is very well located , close to downtown as well as restaurants, ,shopping malls, etc...
I stayed there for a week, and I really appreciated the warm welcome and the facility .
The room was nice , well furnished, and with a nice overlook to the bay and the city,
I would recommend this place for any type of stay, business or family, since the access to all Anchorage's facilities is extremely convenient , comfortable

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank RemiBrussels
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Overall, the service was great and the staff were knowledgeable of the area. I had arrived at 2am in the morning and the friendly service I received and their helpfulness was really appreciated. The lobby was nice, clean, comforting and inviting with some beautiful local furniture. The bear on the second floor shouldn’t be missed. The pool is a play pool and not a lap pool. It was warm and great to relax in. The gym was on the small side, but usable. The king room was well decorated, clean, and spacious. A nice TV in the room, but no AV ports to plug in your electronics. There was a clock radio with an Aux jack. Plenty of outlets to recharge your electronics whether by the table or next to your bed. The location is great as it is just before getting to downtown, aka easy to drive to, yet everything is within walking distance. Great hotel overall.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Mason C
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Wow, very different experience than other reviews. We had incredible personal service during our entire stay. They fixed our TV then comped us a desert for instance (a plug was loose). The waiter in the restaurant was superhelpful catering to our many personal requests and filling up the buffet promptly when needed. We got a room near the top with a spectacular view of the inlet and sleeping lady for sunset and sunrise. The room was clean and comfortable but without the amenaties of other top hotels such as fridge or micro. The worst thing about the stay was charging 13 for internet and 25 for valet parking. Weird that only the most expensive hotels charge for internet while the more reasonable provide it for free. The pools was the warmest hotel pool I have stayed in anywhere in this country which was awesome, except there were 35 young girls in there splashing about which was our bad luck. Overall, the staff was amazingly helpful and friendly. The price was a great bargain until you factor the extra charges. Wonderfulviews and the breakfast buffet was very fresh and tasty. The lounge is very clean and comfortable for drinks and looked to have a good menu.

Room Tip: Any upper floor room will have a spectacular view.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family