“We go every time we drive in to Anchorage”
Review of Jimmy's Sushi - CLOSED

Jimmy's Sushi
Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 9, 2012

My son and I make it to Anchorage about once a month, and we always try to go to Jimmy's sushi when we're there. The cuts of fish for the sushi are nice and thick, and the fish always tastes fresh. The sushi deluxe is a real deal at $22 and I highly recommend it. I can be a control freak about my sushi, so I was hesitant to order a fixed set at first, but in over a year I have never been disappointed. Jimmy always seems to add a creative piece or two that makes the dish, and the crunch roll on the sushi deluxe is out of this world delicious. Other dishes are great at Jimmy's too, so if you have a non-sushi eater in your party, they will be able to find something good to eat. While most of the food at Jimmy's is Japanese, there are also several Chinese dishes and at least one Korean one (kalbi). I especially liked the Chinese soup dumpling appetizer. Overall, I would say this is my favorite restaurant in Alaska and if I lived closer, we'd go more often.

1  Thank Moya37

Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I went to Jimmy's for our anniversary. We are visitors here in AK and I wanted sushi. My tripadvisor friends did not steer me wrong! The sushi was fresh and we got 8 pieces of sushi per order. The price was good for the amount of food and the freshness. I would recommend Jimmy's!

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Probably my favorite sushi restaurant I have ever been to, and I have been to a lot in many different states. Everything is fresh. Great creative selections. Whatever you like, there is something for you. If raw fish isn't for you, there are many cooked rolls and lots of other foods. I'm telling you that you will not be disappointed. Try it and you will see.

Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

Jimmy sushi makes the best sushi in Anchorage. They have a huge variety of sushi from traditional to extremely creative. We never get tired of their sushi.

It is fun to watch them make the sushi.

Tip: They are awesome at making special requests. If you describe what you want they will make your own creation for you (which can be a lot of fun).

:o)

Reviewed October 2, 2012

I had a Groupon to Jimmy's Sushi and after it came highly recommended by a friend I finally went and it was wonderful!! The Midnight Sun roll was to die for! As well as the Kiss of Fire!