“Amazing sushi”

Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Probably my favorite sushi restaurant I have ever been to, and I have been to a lot in many different states. Everything is fresh. Great creative selections. Whatever you like, there is something for you. If raw fish isn't for you, there are many cooked rolls and lots of other foods. I'm telling you that you will not be disappointed. Try it and you will see.

Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

Jimmy sushi makes the best sushi in Anchorage. They have a huge variety of sushi from traditional to extremely creative. We never get tired of their sushi.

It is fun to watch them make the sushi.

Tip: They are awesome at making special requests. If you describe what you want they will make your own creation for you (which can be a lot of fun).

:o)

Reviewed October 2, 2012

I had a Groupon to Jimmy's Sushi and after it came highly recommended by a friend I finally went and it was wonderful!! The Midnight Sun roll was to die for! As well as the Kiss of Fire!

Reviewed September 27, 2012

1.The Fish - always fresh, delicious and there is a good variety to choose from, including staples like salmon to the more adventurous mackerel. Also expect to see squid and quail eggs(the quail egg shooter is the best!).

2.The Rolls - Jimmy (the proprietor and main sushi wizard) has a great selection of rolls to choose from and is always coming up with something new and tasty. Adding ingredients like cilantro, apple or mango, the combinations of flavours, textures and presentation is amazing.

3.The other stuff - Yes, aside from great tasting sushi, Jimmy's also offers great 'kitchen' food - steak, halibut, tempura, yakisoba, it is all here, and it is good. One of our favourite appetizers is the oysters, so yummy!

4. In summary, never have I been to the same restaurant this much. We have been coming to Jimmy's steadily for well over a year, and the food is always good, there is always something new to try, the waitstaff is always helpful and friendly, and Jimmy himself will chat you up, slice up some fish, wrap it in radish, and hand it to you with a smile.

If you like sushi even a little bit, come. If you are a connoisseur, come. If you don't like sushi, come for the steak! You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Far above and BEYOND any sushi I have had anywhere in the US..San Fran/ NY/ Chicago/ Austin/ Dallas/ Miami/ Puerto Rico/ Seattle. THIS IS the BOMB. I was reading the "average" review dude. Yeah, he doesn't like sushi. It was "slimy," haha! More for me!!!
To tell you how amazingly fresh, innovative and delicious it was...we always order light and try to not gorge ourselves. Well, we could not stop ordering. My stomach was KILLING me because it was stuffed. But my mouth wanted more more more!! I was truly disgusted with myself at how greedy and indulgent I was, but we were flying out the next day and could not deal with the fact that we wouldn't be able to get this level of sushi again. I found the restaurant on Trip Advisor..When we drove up to the outside, it looked like an old Hardy's or something..not too chic at all, and I was worried.But as soon as I stepped inside. I just knew. the REAL DEAL. Thank me later!