“Great Ulu knives”

$69.00*
and up
Anchorage All Around City Tour
Reviewed May 14, 2014

Shop and watch how the Ulu knives are made. Not really a place for kids, (Danger sharp objects) OK, they are in boxes. But, it's nice to see how they are made and what they are used for. There are a lot of souvenirs of ULU knives, but unless it's from the Ulu Factory, don't buy it. Not of good of quality. But, for a souvenir from Alaska for $3.00 not a bad deal. The real Ulu's will cost you close to $25.00. Oh and if you like Caribou Hot Dog's the vender is outside the door.

1  Thank summervilla157

Reviewed May 14, 2014

I did this on my last day in Anchorage, so it could have been that I was already sad about leaving, but this place just didn't do it for me. From everything I'd heard and read, I was expecting this really cool (and bigger) place where they make all the Ulu knives and accessories, but it was more of a store than anything. Some of the prices were higher than you can find elsewhere, but it is a neat place to go for a brief visit. They do have a separate room where they make some Ulu products, but all the Ulu stuff I'd seen in all the stores around town say 'Made in China' (but isn't everything these days??), so I'm not sure what they make in Anchorage. They show a video on how the knives are made, which is cool.

1  Thank Jen G
Reviewed April 27, 2014

A fun place to visit and shop. The Ulu factory offers demonstrations on how the knives are made and offers so many different varieties, designs and price ranges. These were our choice of souvenier gifts to bring back on our first trip to Alaska back in 2003. They are still the best knives we/family still have. It's on the outskirts of town but easy enough to get to.

Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

I have been in the Ulu factory on more than one occasion and I recommend to all visitors to the last frontier. And make sure you buy an Ulu.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Got several for gifts, I recommend coming by once. Next trip we may skip this unless we need more Ulu's