“Great Sushi and deep fried oreo cookie-- yum”

Dish Sushi Bar and Japanese Restaurant
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed August 20, 2014

We took a friend who had never had sushi before -- and we ordered the boat so we got a really nice selection to try-- it was all delicious-- and friend was impressed too-- for desert they offered a free deep fried Oreo cookie--- REALLY??? yeah-- it was awesome-- too bad they don't deliver!!! service was very good-- atmosphere nice and quiet-- if you are a sushi fan - check it out--

There are newer reviews for Dish Sushi Bar and Japanese Restaurant

Reviewed August 7, 2014

We tried Dish based on fellow Tripadvisor reviews. We arrived sometime during the 1 o'clock hour on a Tuesday afternoon and were seated immediately. The place was pretty much empty, except for two other tables of patrons. I ordered the bento box and asked if I could have fried rice instead of steamed. The waiter told me no, that fried rice is made on request. Um... OK, am I not requesting it now?! Of course, I would have paid extra for fried, as that is normally the way it is in most places, but it wasn't an option here. My husband ordered sushi and a side of rice which took forever to get. When our food finally arrived, we realized we needed silverware (only chopsticks at the table). We flagged down our waiter and asked him for silverware. After about five minutes of waiting, my husband got up and headed to where the waiter was standing near a podium. He told my husband, "In a minute." We should have walked out then, but didn't. Keep in mind that our food was getting cold! My beef teriyaki had several chewy veins in it, and I got tired of spitting them out. I didn't get a refill on my soda, and ended up drinking some of my husband's water to choke down what was edible. Women's restroom was clean but my husband said the men's restroom was dirty. Such a waste of our time and money.

Reviewed July 30, 2014

ach year, the local newspaper invites its readers to nominate and vote on the best of Alaska: services, restaurants, whatever. For 6 years running, Dish Sushi has been voted the best Sushi restaurant.
I have my own neighborhood sushi place that I frequent but I decided to see how much better Dish Sushi could possibly be.
It has definitely earned the votes and the ranking! While the menu is extensive, Dish Sushi clearly specializes in sushi and -more specifically -- sushi rolls. Who knew there could be so many to die for combinations?!
6 of us - representing 3 generations - stuffed ourselves. We began by each picking a sushi roll and we shared. It was not enough. We ordered a 2nd round. By the end, we each had our favorites but there were no bad choices.
I look forward to returning and to ordering something new and delicious.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

First time, shame on them...SECOND TIME?!?! Shame on Me. However, this was 1 year ago. It created drama at work as how can someone believe that you literally got food poisoning 2 times in 2 months? By the looks of it more people have been happy with it since, but for me...never again. Good luck others and DISH.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Dish has great ambiance. I like the clean, uncluttered feel and the open space and light. It is in a nondiscript shopping mall but once you are in the door it's a fine dining experience. The sushi is innovative and beautifully presented. The service is attentive without being intrusive. I have eaten at Dish several times and always find it first rate.