“Love everything they do!”

Great Harvest Bread Co
Ranked #2 of 16 Bakeries in Anchorage
Dining options: Lunch
Description: Great Harvest Bread Co. has been Anchorage's whole grain headquarters since 1994. We offer a wide variety of whole grain breads, European rustic breads, sandwiches, and an assortment of sweets and cookies. We mill our hard red spring wheat from Montana into flour every day. Our fresh whole wheat flour offers phenomenal taste and has many nutritional benefits. From milling our own wheat into flour daily to creating the perfect sandwich, our passion for phenomenal baked goods is the reason for everything we do. Come in for a free slice of bread today and see how good whole grains can be!
Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

From the bread to the delectable sandwiches, GHBC does it perfectly!!! I enjoy how friendly the service is and how generous they are with samples. Their butter on hot bread samples is THE best! Also, the restrooms are kept clean which says a lot about the level of pride in the place. Only complaint would be too few tables during lunch rush.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Such a great find. Unreal bread, and outstanding sandwiches, (smoked salmon was so good) Very generous samples as well. Very busy whenever I went there. Highly recommended!

Reviewed June 23, 2013

This bakery supplied huge slabs of their fresh bread to everyone who wanted any after the Mayor's marathon/half marathon yesterday. They had butter on hand but it was not needed - the apple loaf and the cinnamon bits loaves were so rich and flavorful that you didn't need any! We really need to find the location of the bakery here in town (we are visiting for the race) because the bread is out of this world!!

Reviewed June 12, 2013

I like a few items on the menu, particularly the white chocolate cherry loaf and the cinnamon loaf. I wish there was an option to just order a half loaf, as I am single and would never eat the whole thing before it went bad.
Also, they have a "Baker's Choice" on some items, such as the scones. I had an absolutely amazing berry cream scone. I love it. Unlike most scones, it was moist and flavorful. I really wanted to order it again but was told that Baker's Choice is not on rotation. Basically, from my understanding, they just use leftover ingredients for a Baker's Choice. I wish it was on rotation though, as it was one of the best things I've had from the Bread Co.

Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

I wouldnt call it a restaurant as such, but the bread is amazing and free samples allows you to choose the best, or in my case buy more!