“Wish the "Baker's Choice" was on rotation.”

Great Harvest Bread Co
Ranked #2 of 16 Bakeries in Anchorage
Dining options: Lunch
Description: Great Harvest Bread Co. has been Anchorage's whole grain headquarters since 1994. We offer a wide variety of whole grain breads, European rustic breads, sandwiches, and an assortment of sweets and cookies. We mill our hard red spring wheat from Montana into flour every day. Our fresh whole wheat flour offers phenomenal taste and has many nutritional benefits. From milling our own wheat into flour daily to creating the perfect sandwich, our passion for phenomenal baked goods is the reason for everything we do. Come in for a free slice of bread today and see how good whole grains can be!
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I like a few items on the menu, particularly the white chocolate cherry loaf and the cinnamon loaf. I wish there was an option to just order a half loaf, as I am single and would never eat the whole thing before it went bad.
Also, they have a "Baker's Choice" on some items, such as the scones. I had an absolutely amazing berry cream scone. I love it. Unlike most scones, it was moist and flavorful. I really wanted to order it again but was told that Baker's Choice is not on rotation. Basically, from my understanding, they just use leftover ingredients for a Baker's Choice. I wish it was on rotation though, as it was one of the best things I've had from the Bread Co.

Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

I wouldnt call it a restaurant as such, but the bread is amazing and free samples allows you to choose the best, or in my case buy more!

Reviewed May 16, 2013

As soon as you walk in the door, they offer you a sample of one of their daily breads. The sandwiches are a little spendy compared to prices in the lower 48....$7 for half a sandwich, but it is delicious!

1  Thank MovingChris
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Great Harvest offers generous samples of their fresh baked bread as you walk through the door. Their sandwiches are delicious and the service is good. My favorite bread is the cracked pepper Parmesan but the asiago and spinach feta breads are also delicious. Carb heaven!

1  Thank dnkpowell
Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

The bread is absolutely delicious here. My favorite is the Spinach and Feta. The staff is very helpful when trying to decide what to purchase, they have samples.