“Creepy place to stay.”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Anchorage
Arctic Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #89 of 127 Anchorage B&B and Inns
“Creepy place to stay.”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

During my stay at the Artic Bed and breakfast I was unable to sleep. I am pretty sure some lady was attacked in the parking lot, as well as, a generally loud and disrespectful owner and maintenance person who seemed to be drunk or on drugs. There really was not a typical breakfast that I had become associated with a true bed and breakfast. I also had property mysteriously disappear from my room. Mcdonalds was pretty close so I had to brush my teeth there due to terrible facilities. I also ate a real breakfast there.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Oneamazingtravelman

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed August 24, 2012

We stayed at this Bed and Breakfast end of June - beginning of July 2008. The owner looked, moved and spoke as if he was impaired by some substance. Website pictures do not reflect the condition of the place. Our room was spacious though, but bedskirts were totally worn-out as if second-hand and washed thousand times. Blinds were broken. We didn't trust the cleanliness of the washroom so we used the washrooms at McDonalds across the street, where we also brushed our teeth. Originally when making the reservation i've asked for 3 nights. When we arrived i accidentally put 2 nights in the form. So unbeknowst to me when we were away on the third day and came back to the Bed and Breakfast the owner informed us, that our baggage is in his office (so someone else got our stuff packed for us in our absence, which made me uncomfortable) and that the place is sold out anyways. When i reminded him, that i've originally reserved for 3 nights, he reffered to my guest's questionnaire and pointed out to me that while filling out this form i've entered 2 nights stay. It was 11 pm. My 12 years old son and me were standing in Owner's office not knowing what to do. "Luckily" we've got some other room but were charged a higher rate because the owner said this last night will be considered as a new reservation and not as a continuation of our previous 2-nights stay. I didn't feel safe arguing with him and agreed to the ridiculous price. We never touched his primitive breakfast arrangement: bananas and muffins. Our advise: avoid this place. I should note though the Lady that cleaned the rooms was very nice.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank adavonkanada

Travelers are raving about these Anchorage hotels

Fort Mohave, Arizona
Reviewed January 20, 2012

My wife and I stayed here in 2008 and it was just the pits!! Owner was really wierd!! Strange folks hanging around too! No screen on our window and the owner was next door with someone during the night around 1 a.m. knocking out drywall!! I called him and it stopped, but please!! I told him upon leaving you will be hearing from my credit card co. as we are disputing the charges. Got my $$$ back and would never recommend this pit to anyone!! Seemed like a bunch of re-hab drug recovery people staying there.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Bobby31225
Defiance, Ohio
Reviewed July 18, 2011

I was told that I had reserved a "two room suite with a bathroom in between" for my family (7 people, several young children). When we checked in, it was obvious that the website pictures were old, as the office, the manager and the rooms were much more dated than the pictures showed. The rooms were stuffy and smelly and I was told to open the window to let air in, even though the window did not have a screen, the room was facing the street (right next to the sidewalk) and they were low enough for someone to climb in.
Having been told that I had a two room suite, I was not informed or aware that anyone else would be sharing the area (including bathroom) with us, which turned out to be the case (although the manager was not sure whether anyone was staying there or not!). Having assumed that we were the only ones using the bathroom, we left our items in the bathroom and did not lock our rooms during the night (so that the children wouldn't lock themselves out when they went to the bathroom).
The "breakfast" area was not clean when we arrived, although we informed the staff and it was cleaned up.
I feel that my reservation was misrepresented as a "suite" when it wasn't, a safe resolution to the stuffiness was not provided and the manger didn't seem to be keeping track of who was in his rooms. This put my family in a potentially unsafe situation.
One person or a couple could probably save a few dollars by staying here (taking extra caution to be safe), but don't take your family.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the building (away from the street lights and street noise)
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank bekee34
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed June 25, 2011

The Bed and "Breakfast" is located in midtown Anchorage, which means you are in the part of town you actually don't want to be. People you don't want to meet are hanging around the parking lot and this little motel-like B&B is having paper thin walls, so you can hear everything.
It felt like the person above our room was training for a marathon, you could hear any movement.
The B&B owner is a strange person, too. I guess he was drunk, maybe not, but there was definetely something wrong with him. He moved very slowly and his speech was loud but slurred.
And after we payed him, he and his employee went into the backyard drank and talked aloud untill 2 a.m.
I mean, the owner shouldn't be a person who keeps the guests awake because he's drinking in the yard.
We stayed there in the first place, because he wrote it was $60 a night. The website www.arcticbb.com isn't up to date, it's $89 now! Me and my travel partner were too tired to look for another hotel, so we gave it a try.
As mentioned, we hardly slept, because it was so noisy.

The Breakfast consicts of a plastic box with 2 pears, 2 bananas and 2 muffins.

I have to say though, that the room and bath was kind of clean and they had wi-fi internet. The facilities were just incredebly old and you didn't feel safe at all.

My advice is, try not to stay in any B&B or family run hotel in downtown or midtown Anchorage, because they look all the same. If I should visit Anchorage again, I will look for a hotel out of town and I encourage you to do the same.

Room Tip: Try to get a hotel or B&B out of town
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family