“Quiet local place for pizza or Italian ”
Review of Pizza Plaza

Pizza Plaza
Ranked #244 of 892 Restaurants in Anchorage
Cuisines: Italian
Neighborhood: Midtown
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

In a town with many really good pizza options, Pizza Plaza offers a solid selection of pizzas and gourmet pasta dishes in a quiet atmosphere. My wife and I recently went here on a date, and enjoyed our usual--stuff mushrooms (amazing!) and a Mama Mia (add fresh tomatoes-yum!). The service was prompt and attentive, but not overbearing, the food came quick, and our drinks were never empty. The perfect cozy, family-owned atmosphere for our night out without our kids!

Reviewed November 25, 2013

I haven't eaten here in years, don't know why, Had the Greek Calzone it was awesome, I can't wait to go back and try something else too.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

This is by far the best kept secret in Anchorage. You absolutely cannot beat the quality and quantity of the food. The prices are reasonable by Anchorage standards.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

We really enjoyed our talkative server who took the time tell us about the city and give us tips. The pizza was great. It's a bit on the expensive side but worth visting.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Although I don't live in Anchorage any longer, when I visit I will ALWAYS come back for great food! I visited in May 2013 and HAD to order the Mama Mia pizza. I haven't had a better pizza in the nearly 2 years since I've moved out of state. ABSOLUTELY TASTY! I've never found better!

Another favorite is the Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo. That too is the best I've ever had. A very nice creamy garlic sauce. The only downside is that sometimes the pasta is a little dry, so I ask for extra sauce and they are ALWAYS glad to accommodate. There is an abundance of grilled chicken that complements the dish very well.

I've always had pleasant wait staff service. When they are packed like Valentines Day, expect a bit longer for the food to arrive, but it's well worth it.