“GREEK Calzone WAS AWESOME” 5 of 5 bubbles

Pizza Plaza
Ranked #168 of 867 Restaurants in Anchorage
Cuisines: Italian, American, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Midtown
Anchorage, Alaska, Usa
“GREEK Calzone WAS AWESOME”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

I haven't eaten here in years, don't know why, Had the Greek Calzone it was awesome, I can't wait to go back and try something else too.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Anchorage, Alaska
“Best Italian in Anchorage”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

This is by far the best kept secret in Anchorage. You absolutely cannot beat the quality and quantity of the food. The prices are reasonable by Anchorage standards.

Visited August 2013
Norman, Oklahoma
“Great service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

We really enjoyed our talkative server who took the time tell us about the city and give us tips. The pizza was great. It's a bit on the expensive side but worth visting.

Visited June 2013
Mesa, Arizona
“Call it "Pizza Wonderful"!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

Although I don't live in Anchorage any longer, when I visit I will ALWAYS come back for great food! I visited in May 2013 and HAD to order the Mama Mia pizza. I haven't had a better pizza in the nearly 2 years since I've moved out of state. ABSOLUTELY TASTY! I've never found better!

Another favorite is the Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo. That too is the best I've ever had. A very nice creamy garlic sauce. The only downside is that sometimes the pasta is a little dry, so I ask for extra sauce and they are ALWAYS glad to accommodate. There is an abundance of grilled chicken that complements the dish very well.

I've always had pleasant wait staff service. When they are packed like Valentines Day, expect a bit longer for the food to arrive, but it's well worth it.

• Visited May 2013
“HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

Order for delivery, specifically requesting garlic bread with my pasta...no garlic bread with the order; delivery took an hour. They were immediately contacted about the error."do u want it with your next order??""Ummm no, I'd like it now!" After a follow up call and over an hour later, still NO garlic bread. I drive to Pizza Plaza (which took all of 10 minutes), to find out the status of the bread. There isn't anything but a handful of people in this place and they couldn't get garlic bread to a customer in under 30 minutes??! So no manager, no owner, "she'll be back in a few minutes." And then "oh, she left her phone in the back." So now its been an hour that I'm waiting to speak to someone that could possibly be in charge, but no. Then the little server boy pops in with his explanation of the owners delay. I tell him I already know, I've been told. He gets offended b/c I'm obviously frustrated and he's not helping, then proceeds to walk past me and say, "rude" under his breath. I see they all really care about their customers....Not!!!

And I guess just because I'm here complaining, the owner (?? or someone of some authority) calls and tells them to call the police to have me removed. Eventually, I hear him on the phone telling the person on the other end, "no I didn't, because she's not doing anything wrong. She's just waiting. No! She's not doing anything wrong, she's just waiting!!!" And, "I don't know, I don't think they are going to do anything about it!!" Awesome establishment. Awesome customer service. Awesome problem solving!!!!! Steve and Christina Jimeau are terrible business owners; unappreciative, or needing of customers. All they had to do was fix the problem!!!

• 2 of 5 bubbles