Review Highlights
Angie saves the day!

I was fortunate enough to have found Angie today after a different tour had fallen through. She was... read more

Sarah24601
via mobile
What fun!!!

My sister in law and I arrived in Anchorage as day trippers from our cruise ship. We were looking... read more

Eva M
Toronto, Canada
via mobile

All reviews personal tour salmon spawning matanuska glacier an adventure tram ride alaska wildlife beluga whales conservation center cruise ship angie humour sheep tide knowledge stories tours fun
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My sister, sister-in-law and I did a wine tasting in Anchorage AK with Angie Richardson, head of this business. We had a great time and learned a lot. As we were driven to the sites we were give history of the area; explanations of local info that make Anchorage unique. We enjoyed the day so much we signed on to do a tour to the Alaska Wildlife Conservation the following week. Angie timed it so we could try to ( and did ) see Beluga Whales as we travelled south. She also took us to see Portage Lake and sights around it. It was a rainy day and were were able to see amazing waterfalls in the mountains around the lake. Again all this with a great knowledge of the history of the area.
The Conservation center visit was also fun as Angie takes mane tours there and knows the animals. This added a personal point of view to the occasion.
I would highly recommend contacting Adventurous Winos if you are planning a visit to the Anchorage area. It will be a fun, unique and informative adventure.

Date of experience: September 2019
adventurouswinos, Owner at Adventurous Winos, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Awww thank you guys! I had such a blast with you three! Sooo glad you had an awesome Alaskan Adventure with wine tasting.
Hope to see you guys again soon,
Sincerely
Angela Thompson

Reviewed September 8, 2019

Angela provide a very personal tour for our family. We had all of time we needed at each location. She picked us up and gave a very personal modified trip to the Glaciers, Salmon creek, Visitor museum, and the Wildlife Preserve. At each location she was our personal commentator and gave us unique highlights for each site. We ended the day with dinner and she dropped us off. We felt like we received very personal attention. We would recommend everyone asking for a unique combination tour and pay the price for the special attention you will receive.

Date of experience: August 2019
adventurouswinos, Owner at Adventurous Winos, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2019

Awww thank you very much Bridgette. I had such a great time with you guys. Thank you sooo much for choosing Your Alaskan Adventure with me! Tell your family hello!
Sincerely Angie

Reviewed September 7, 2019

My boyfriend and I did the Northern Adventure with Adventurous Winos recently and we both agree it was the best part of our Alaska trip. Angie was great at communicating with us the entire time up to our scheduled outing. Pam was our guide and she was the absolute best!!! We had the best conversation, and she was super accommodating picking us up and dropping us off. Her and Angie have grown up in Alaska so they're super knowledgable about the area. Now, the glacier hike itself is one of the most magical things I've ever experienced. Type "Matanuska Glacier" into Google Images and the pictures are stunning but it's not even close to how beautiful it is in person!! After hiking the glacier, Pam took us out to lunch nearby and they had the best giant cookies and a great view of the glacier. On the way back, the state fair traffic was super bad so we had to take a detour. Earlier that week my boyfriend and I had wanted to see the Eklutna Village Historic Park, but I messed up our car rental time and we just had to miss it. Without us even telling Pam this, because of the detour she says we can stop by the park as a little surprise. We literally almost started crying! Once we were back in Anchorage, Pam showed us some spots downtown to check out and then brought us back to our AirBnB. At the end of the day, it truly was a Northern Adventure and my boyfriend and I felt like we gained not only a fun experience but a good friend. Pam and Angie have even kept up with us and made sure we were safe during Hurricane Dorian. You just won't come across better people than at Adventurous Winos. Thanks for such fun times! Hope to be back in Alaska again for round 2!!!

Date of experience: August 2019
adventurouswinos, Owner at Adventurous Winos, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2019

Awww thank you so much for choosing Adventurous Winos for your Alaskan Adventure. So glad you guys are safe!
From Angie and Pam

Reviewed August 17, 2019

We booked Adventurous Winos to do a tour of Anchorage. Angie knows her stuff! We had a great experience feeding moose and seeing bears at the Conservation Center, went on a boat ride to see the Portage Glacier. She knew exactly where to stand to gets the best pics. Had a Fab lunch and amazing views at Girdwood, with of course some wine! In sum, if you are looking to have an intimate or custom tour experience, without the custom tour prices, book with Adventurous Winos. I give it AAA rating - Angie+Anchorage+Awesome.

Date of experience: July 2019
adventurouswinos, Owner at Adventurous Winos, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2019

Awww thank you guys! What an awesome day. Thank you for choosing Adventurous Winos for your Alaskan Adventure. Cheers!
Angie

Reviewed August 2, 2019 via mobile

Angela is fun and knowledgeable and very considerate... wants to give you the best bang for your buck!! She’s alot of fun, and loves her Alaska! Great conversation, lots of laughs... ask her to take your picture... she’s a great photographer!

Date of experience: August 2019
adventurouswinos, Owner at Adventurous Winos, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2019

Aww thank you! You guys where a blast! Glad the photos turned out! Cheers!
Angie