“Our Favorite Bakery in Anchorage :))”

Fire Island Rustic Bakeshop
Ranked #1 of 26 Dessert in Anchorage
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Anchorage's favorite artisan bakery. Baking small batches of rustic breads and other treats.
Reviewed June 26, 2014

The Fire Island Rustic Bakeshop is a must visit place for anyone who appreciates fine baked goods. They offer both sweet and savory yummy treats, as well as an amazing array of really delicious breads that you won't find anyplace else in the city... all lovingly prepared by a host of chefs working just behind the counters (we enjoy viewing their talents & skills while munching on the fruits of their labors). We especially enjoy their scones (both sweet and savory), and really like their breakfast and lunch foccacias (topped with eggs/bacon/veggies, or only veggies. We have to fight the urge to try every type of pastry, tart, cake, etc. that are artfully presented (resistance is futile indeed!). They have returned to serving our favorite coffee (KBay Caffe, from Homer AK), and the owners take the time to smile and chat with you too :)) The Bakeshop is located in a residential neighborhood (akin to what you'd find in other countries), which adds further to their charm... Enjoy!

There are newer reviews for Fire Island Rustic Bakeshop

Reviewed June 16, 2014

This place is fantastic! The smell of the baked goods greet you as you walk in the door and it's almost too much to look at all the goodies! We got the molasses and lemon cookie sandwiches, peanut butter cookie sandwich, and some chocolate chip cookies. The chocolate chip cookies were the BEST I've ever purchased! I had to go back for a second time so I could buy some cookies for the trip back home. Prices were a little steep but I love sweets so much I don't mind splurging. This is a must visit if you love baked goods!

Reviewed April 16, 2014

Great service-Fresh Food! This place is able to cater to cancer patients as well. They made my decade by providing bread that I could eat during radiation treatment. I literally cried because I was so starving for something yummy that fit within the guideline of what I was allowed to have. I called on their closed day and was invited to stop by and grab a few things... WONDERFUL PEOPLE.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

I really wanted to like this place. Situated in a neighborhood, I was instantly brought back to my childhood in Germany where most neighborhoods have a local bakery & butcher.

Upon entering I went a little overboard in my excitement and ordered several treats and breads without asking prices... I expect to pay a premium for artisanal foods, but this place is outrageous! I was not disappointed in the quality of the food, however I certainly was not blown away by anything.

1  Thank 907REVIEWS
Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

Picked up some sourdough bread and a cookie. Very good. Prices were not too bad for what we got.
It was pretty crowded inside, which speaks to how good it is. We will be back again when we are in town.