“Just outstanding”

Tommy's Burger Stop
Ranked #46 of 896 Restaurants in Anchorage
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 24, 2014

This place is legit. After a long hike up Wolverine Peak I was craving a burger, so I quickly scanned a google search for best burger and this seemed to be the consensus.

When we got there I was not disappointed. What struck me most was the super friendly staff, and the cleanliness of the joint. Often places like this have a local-only vibe, or are a bit dingy, but Tommy's was great. Very clean, very friendly...and oh yah the food was stellar.

I had a Shrimp Po' Boy, and my buddies all had different speacialty burgers. We devoured them. Just freakin' awesome. I think the girl behind the counter could tell we were ravenous, so they pushed out our chili-cheese fries while we waited for the main orders, which was a really nice touch.

Next time I'm in Anchorage I will be hitting this place up for sure!

Reviewed August 15, 2014 via mobile

Halibut po' boy is to die for. All of Tommy's burgers are easily in my top 5 all time favorites. Delightful and hardworking staff just make it a great experience all around. You won't be disappointed!

Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

Very very good burgers. We had the Hawaiian, Charlotte, and a spicy burger as well as a side salad. A little weird location, but worth the stop.

1  Thank Tommy R
Reviewed June 28, 2014

We had been trying to find a good burger in Anchorage and stumbled across Tommy's. Not much to look at from outside but the burgers are da bomb. Huge, fresh toppings, many choices of styles, fresh hot fries, we were all happy and full. As previously noted...get it to go or hope one of the few tables inside have room. Outside was too chilly for us even in June.

Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

These are the best burgers I have ever had! (sorry, Mom) Always done perfectly - so tender and juicy, with the perfect ratio of burger and toppings to bun. The place is very small with limited seating, so come early. There is outside seating in the summer, which helps. The inside is very eclectically decorated, and the staff is wonderful. A favorite place for the locals, so you know it has to be good ;-p