Comfort Suites Anchorage International Airport
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsfrontage roadstayed hererental carchoice hotelsfire pitlong flightroom was cleanmicrowave and refrigeratorindoor poolgood sizenice hotelflat screen tvtwo queen bedsstay there againfree breakfastyogurtlate check
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 14, 2011

Great Hotel, good service, nice rooms, Hotel Resturant is excellant, high quality, food was well prepared and presented and was 1/2 the expense of regular resturants. Hotel has easy access off International Airport Drive. 24 hour shuttle to Airport every 30 minutes. Can be pricey if you do not have a discount, but all the same we were not disappointed with our choice. I based my selection of this hotel solely on reviews. We will definitely use this Hotel the next time we are in Anchorage.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 57Bayhorse
Reviewed August 8, 2011

Complimentary warm cookies and coffee in lobby at check-in. The free breakfast offered the usual fair, plus blueberry waffles as well as plain available. The oatmeal was in a crockpot that had been unplugged so it was pretty firm, but there were plenty of other items on the breakfast bar so we were fine. I would suggest they leave the coffee pots out in the lobby where guests saw them when checking in. I finally found coffee in a corner of the breakfast bar but only one person at a time could get their coffee, tea or cocoa. Very minor thing, I would definitely stay again. Closest to the airport of all the hotels, just watch the quick turn off from International Airport Road to the frontage road. It’s easy to miss.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank molliowa
Reviewed August 4, 2011

Great airport shuttle service. Check in was easy and dinner in the lounge was very good. Especially since it didn't seem like they had a tradtional kitchen. The room was not what we had reserved. We were given a 2 room suite but was told it was a 2 bedroom suite. Kind of tight for 4 adults, especally when the room advertised room for 6. I let my parents and grandmother have the 2 beds I slept on a pull out that might have room for 2 children. Since we only stayed 1 night I didn't complain. Found it odd that there were half empty shampoo and conditioner bottles in the shower. Beside that the room was clean and neat. A good breakfast bar with lots to choose from. Despite the bed it was an okay stay.

Room Tip: Make it very clear what your needs are when making the reservation.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank beachluv36
Reviewed August 4, 2011

My husband and I stayed here twice during the past month. We found it easily accessible after a long flight to Alaska and ultimately to be a relatively economical base while in Anchorage. During our first stay we were in room 101, a NS King suite, located on the ground level away from the airport and far from the indoor pool. Our room was clean, quiet and comfortable with the usual Comfort Suites ammenities. Our second stay was across the hall on the airport side which was a bit noisier due to airport and road noises.

Breakfast included two waffle makers and a variety of other items available in a room large enough for hotel clientele. Front desk staff seemed limited in their knowledge of restaurants and traffic patterns, but were friendly.

Armed with a rental car and good map, we easily found the Snow Goose for the best salmon/corn chowder in Anchorage and the Double Musky for superb kebobs in Girdwood. Just for fun, we relaxed nearby watching the float planes land and take off at the Lake Hood Seaplane base. We'd stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Wanda71
Reviewed July 17, 2011

We stayed one night in Anchorage and wanted to be close to the airport -- this Comfort Suites is as close as you can get. As another reviewer said, it's a little tricky to get to. We missed the road the first time and had to make a U-turn to figure out where exactly the road was. The hotel is pretty new, so it is clean and everything works well. Beds were very comfortable and the bathroom was roomy and included a few complimentary toiletries. (I still can't figure out why hotels charge what they do and then provide those darn, tiny, nearly-threadbare bath towels -- my only complaint!). We enjoyed the heated pool, and the breakfast buffet was good, a typical hot & cold breakfast buffet. We liked that the breakfast opened early (it was either 6 or 6:30) so we could be on our way with full stomachs! The front desk people were very helpful, never seemed rushed even though it was quite busy when we arrived, and they were unfailingly polite. Although the hotel is only about a mile from Ted Stevens airport, our room was quiet -- we never heard any airplane noise. Room-darkening window coverings helped everyone have a good night's sleep. A bit on the pricy side, but I guess that's to be expected in Anchorage in mid-June! I feel it was worth it for the convenience, service and the sleep quality.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family