SpringHill Suites Anchorage University Lake
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Parkwood Inn(Anchorage)
Creekwood Inn(Anchorage)
View Hotel
All reviewsdog parkfire pitsmall lakeshower roomseparate seating areaseparate toiletquiet locationwalking trailsmedical centernice walkingprovidence hospitalsleeping areayogurtnice hotelfree breakfastwaffle makerrental car
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Great Stay. Love new design. Breakfast included eggs, waffles, bagels, ... Efficient staff. Loved that we got 4 huge Hershey bars when we checked in. Nicely appointed rooms with a small living room area. Comfortable, clean, and really new. Hotel doesn't look that old. Free ride to/from airport. At the airport, contact them at the kiosk and they'll be there in 20 minutes. Heading back to the airport, the shuttle leaves only the hour. They were kind enough to hold our luggage while we went back to the airport to pick up a rental car. About 5 miles from the airport. A very popular park close by (within a block) with lots of families and dogs visiting it over the weekend. Glad we chose this place as it was out of the city in a quiet, corporate park - no traffic noise!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank SayCheese
Reviewed April 25, 2013

While I did not have any major complaints with this hotel, I did have a few minor issues. I felt that both the room and staff were very good. I like having a area to relax and then another area to sleep. While the room was very nice, the bed was extremely hard uncomfortable. My other issue was that the same hot breakfast was served for three days in a row (eggs and sausage). While it was good, I would have liked to have seen something different.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank barmach
Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

An overnight stay-cation for myself, my mother and my two young boys! We went for the pool which was open from 6am to 11pm so we had opportunity to enjoy it on our own terms. The pool area was clean with towels available (only negative was the high chlorine content but that is understandable). We had a two queen bed suite on the third floor, lake view! The view turned out to be a real plus. Looking over the lake and trail system. Nice patio with gas fire wasn't appropriate for us due to weather and the age of my children but would have been enjoyable under other circumstances. My only complaint about the room was the fold out bed. The spring mattress on the couch bed was nothing but springs. My eight year old couldn't lay in it. We ended up folding it up and letting him sleep on the couch itself and put my 4 yr old on the chaise style section of the couch.

Location was great if you have a vehicle. This is not a "downtown" hotel where everything is in walking distance. Like I said I enjoyed the view and we were gonna be driving all over anyway.

The breakfast was well presented and well stocked.

Clean and comfortable. I hope to return

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank SnowdivaAK
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This hotel provides everything a business traveler needs with style and a smile! I stayed here three nights for a conference at the university, and everything went smoothly for my stay. The front staff were friendly, prepared, and helpful. The hot and cold breakfast was adequate with fresh fruit and oatmeal as delicious healthy options in addition to the usual continental options. The hotel provides a shuttle, though there is also a bus stop within walking distance. The interior design of the hotel was stylishly modern, both beautiful and functional. I had a basic double room that was luxuriously spacious with a genius layout that separated the shower and toilet, used sliding doors to maximize space, and also provided a wonderful desk/office space that separated the front living area and the "bedroom" area. The room also had a built-in nook place for a microwave and fridge (useful for storing leftovers or groceries as there is no restaurant nearby). Everything was clean and decorated with light green and blue colors to encourage a relaxing yet productive stay. Many thanks to the excellent staff at Springhill Suites for a pleasant Anchorage business visit!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank quesoconvino
Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

I agree with the comments about the doors. You can hear everything going on in the hallways. The towel under the door did remedy it. The staff here are super friendly. They have an outdoor fire area outside which is awesome. I think the cleanliness of this hotel could be bumped up. The carpets specifically could use some cleaning. Other than that, I love staying here!

• Stayed: April 2013