“Charming, friendly, comfortable, fun and perfect!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Anchorage
Planet Anchorage Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #30 of 126 Anchorage B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 17, 2013

I have stayed with JoAnna at the Planet Anchorage Bed and Breakfast many times over the years that I have visited Anchorage. She has a nice home that is comfortable, very clean and serves outstanding, hearty breakfasts. JoAnna's charm will immediately welcome you, so that you feel like you are visiting a favorite relative or friend. The rooms are decorated nicely, each with a special theme. The prices are very reasonable, and you will enjoy your stay. The B&B is not far from town, but far enough away to avoid the hustle and bustle of the city. I love staying there and cannot wait to return again. And, again.

Room Tip: JoAnna is flexible; just ask . . .
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank 1954Debra
There are newer reviews for Planet Anchorage Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed August 3, 2013

We recently stayed at Planet Anchorage when we relocated to Anchorage and needed a place to stay while we were looking for a Condo. This was in the middle of summer when tourist season is at it's peak and and finding lodging for a decent price is very difficult. I found Planet Anchorage and the price was just right for us so I booked it. I am so glad that i chose to stay here for our first week as this B&B is fantastic!

JoAnna is an amazing host and makes you feel like an old friend. She makes fantastic breakfasts and the rooms are comfy with great beds. She also has a beautiful garden in the back of her house where she often gets fruits and veggies that she serves for breakfast.

You must stay here if you come and visit Anchorage, even if it just for one night. The price is great and the hospitality is even better.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms you do have to share a bathroom but there are two rooms that you an get where you...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Linds33
Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

Very well run B&B. hosts very friendly and accommodating. We stayed in the "ice station zebra" room, which was very well decorated and very comfortable. Lots of parking in front and back. Beautifully landscaped property with very nice gardens in back. Neighborhood is mostly nice, with a few sketchy properties, but good vibe overall. Breakfast was amazing. We had fresh breads, fruits, reindeer sausage, good coffee, juice, and much more. Better than any hotel breakfast you can find. I highly recommend this B&B and look forward to returning! Thanks a lot Joanna!!

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Billpov
Reviewed June 21, 2013

The title of this review sums up what I think of Planet Anchorage. What a fabulous B&B. I travelled alone from London and JoAnna really made me feel at home with delicious home cooked breakfasts, muffins on my return from a long day, information on where to travel and what to do, loan of a bike and helmet, washing machine, I really could not have asked for more. "Jungle Joe's" room with ensuite was clean and tidy with a lovely hot shower although, I preferred to spend my time at the breakfast bar in the kitchen chatting with JoAnna who has many interesting stories and really made my stay in Alaska such an enjoyable trip. If you want a hotel/B&B right in the centre of downtown Anchorage where you will pay a high room rate then this B&B is not for you, but if you want a lovely welcoming quiet location (about 20-30 minute walk from downtown) with a home from home relaxing stay and, maybe if you are lucky, a moose on your doorstep, then this place is where you should stay. It is exactly what a B&B should be.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank 555elaine
Reviewed August 18, 2012

JoAnn was very hospitable, and made us a great breakfast of delicious muffins, fresh fruit, reindeer sausage, toast and eggs. The room was clean and comfortable. The shower was hot and had good water pressure. It was nice meeting the other guests and chatting over breakfast. Why would you pay half as much more for a 'discount' hotel without the personal service or charm?

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Megan H
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I stayed at Planet Anchorage BB with my two older sons in the summer of 2011. Joanna has her place set up in delightful theme style and it is very clean and organized. It is set in a quiet neighborhood and we had a relaxing stay. In the morning, she cooked us all a wonderful breakfast with eggs, sausages, and homemade muffins. This is a great place to stay!!!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Teacher843
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Maybe the neighborhood isn't five star but this is a very comfortable and friendly B&B. We arrived with my leg in a splint from an accident two days before and Joanna could not have been more helpful. She was happy to fax my travel insurance people and reorganized rooms so that I didn't have to face up to stairs. The location was a great compromise between town for dinner and the airport the next morning. We enjoyed the fresh fruit for breakfast, though didn't indulge in the cooked options.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends