“Excellent choice, very helpful.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Anchorage
Planet Anchorage Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #28 of 126 Anchorage B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Maybe the neighborhood isn't five star but this is a very comfortable and friendly B&B. We arrived with my leg in a splint from an accident two days before and Joanna could not have been more helpful. She was happy to fax my travel insurance people and reorganized rooms so that I didn't have to face up to stairs. The location was a great compromise between town for dinner and the airport the next morning. We enjoyed the fresh fruit for breakfast, though didn't indulge in the cooked options.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank HineNZ

Reviewed December 10, 2011

I visited with my two kids in early August. Joanna's sister Kay was extremely helpful, kind, and made us feel at home. Her breakfasts were superb. The location was good: a comfortable 20-30 min walk to downtown. I have been to other B&B in different places, and I had a hard time in deciding if I should rate this one Average or Very Good. I finally decided on Average, mostly in consideration of the housing/price ratio. I stayed in better housing for a lower price. However, this is the only B&B i stayed in Alaska, so my comparison might not be completely fair.
In summary, this was a good choice even if I would not call it a good deal.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank RemoT
Reviewed September 18, 2011

JoAnna runs a homey, comfortable, friendly, albeit small B&B in a residential neighborhood in Anchorage. Close to downtown. JoAnna is an interesting person who enjoys chatting with her guests. Breakfast included fresh berries, eggs, cereal, muffins. If you enjoy a B&B experience in someone's home, this is for you.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 18, 2011

I visited in early August with my elderly parents who are from South Africa. Joanna was away, and her sister Kay could not do enough for us. The breakfasts were wonderful, those muffins were yummy! The accomodation was downstairs in 2 bedrooms with a shared bathroom and a cozy sitting room with cable TV. We found the address to be nice and central and were able to park our rental car in the driveway. The hosts even offered to mail me a fridge magnet I thought I had left behind and I was extremely surprised to find 2 bottles of Fireweed Jelly, a specialty jam that they offer at breakfast time, had been mailed to me. Thanks again for a fabulous visit

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 15, 2011

I stayed at Planet Alaska Bed and Breakfast for four nights, and highly recommend it for travelers who enjoy a warm, homey, quiet, comfortable place. The hosts, JoAnna and her sister Kay, were always helpful and they went out of their way to make sure I had a great vacation experience.

Room Tip: Rooms are small, but very comfortable. There is free Internet, but no TV or clock radio in the room...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank drmichael03
Reviewed August 3, 2011

We stayed at Planet Anchorage B&B for two nights, at the beginning and at the end of our trip in Alaska. JoAnna was very kind, she waited for us when we landed at Anchorage airport, even if check-in time hasn't started yet. She gave us a lot of information and advise about what to see in Alaska and she lent us a road map and a book. Breakfast was nice and hearty. I definitely recommend this place and if I go back Alaska sometime, I'll stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank romeochicco
Reviewed July 20, 2011

I stayed with JoAnna for 3 separate single nights during my travels in Alaska. She was a kind and accommodating host, and great fun to chat with. For bookings, her website works reliably, and JoAnna will readily answer more specific queries you might have, by e-mail. The rooms are clean, simply but comfortably furnished, with adequate bathrooms and copiously supplied with towels, Her breakfasts follow the same pattern: basic, wholesome and delicious. She provides freshly baked muffins and lovely fresh fruits to accompany her cooked breakfasts, and as a vegetarian I felt well catered for. She managed to produce excellent tea to suit a British taste! The free wifi actually works at reasonable speed, which is not true everywhere. The location is quiet, and though a way from downtown is very easy to reach from both north or south, coming from the main highways. Having a car is probably best, if you want to visit downtown Anchorage. (If you are visiting from out-of-state and need to book a rental car, it's best to do so well in advance, or the prices can be excessive). I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to others. No frills, no fuss, just excellent value for money.

Room Tip: Ground-floor rooms are the most convenient, e.g. Jungle Joe's.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo