“oscar andersen is a distant relative of my Aunt from Wyominb”

Oscar Anderson House Museum
Ranked #89 of 226 things to do in Anchorage
More attraction details
Owner description: A house museum that once belonged to a Swedish butcher.
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Very charming home. the area inside is small but well designed. The yard and view from the home are wonderful.

There are newer reviews for Oscar Anderson House Museum

Reviewed February 22, 2013

I went there years ago. It's a nice little house, some interest'n old stuff. When I was taken up stairs I shot a photo from one room into the other room. I did not see anyth'n when I was there but when I got my photo, there was an image of a man about the size of Oscar. Ghost hunt'n can be dangerous but this place is haunted!

2  Thank AdamScottLankford
Reviewed February 14, 2013

It is a nice location, great views. My son learned about Mr. Anderson in school and went on a field trip there. Now he wants to take everyone that visits from out of town there.

2  Thank JRuiz_2003
Reviewed December 14, 2012

Interesting example of an old house in Anchorage, moved to it's present location by the Captain Cook Jaycees

Reviewed December 12, 2012

I concur with others who have reviewed this tour. In addition to the tour, you get food treats: swedish meatballs, sweet, sour cabbage, and cookies. The house museum is run by devoted volunteers and with limited funding. So learn some history, enjoy a trip to the past, eat some goodies and know that your entrance fee is going to a good cause.

2  Thank Traveler1MM