“I can't believe I haven't been here sooner!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Spenard Roadhouse
Ranked #28 of 867 Restaurants in Anchorage
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Anchorage, Alaska
“I can't believe I haven't been here sooner!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

Bacon of the Month!! Need I say more?
I met a couple of my friends here with our kids. The kids loved their kids menu. They got to choose a drink, appetizer, entree, and dessert for $8. The adults enjoyed theirs as well. The bacon appetizer was amazing as well as my gluten free pizza. I will recommend this place and plan on returning in the near future.

Scottsdale, Arizona
“Busy fun place with great drinks, excellent food, and reasonable prices”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2014

We walked up to the desk to get our name on the list for a table for 4 mid evening on a Tuesday. Lots of people waiting ahead of us seated in the waiting area. As there was nowhere to sit in that area, we found an empty table and sat there to wait for our table. About 5 minutes later, the girl who registered us came over to ask us to leave the table so she could seat customers there.

Funny thing. Guess who she seated at that table? Yep. Us. She asked us to leave the table so she could seat our party there.

We had mac and cheese, sweet potato tater tots, gluten free tater tots, salad, fish and chips, curry, jambalaya and drinks. Everything was stellar and delicious. Nice presentation, nice size servings. Total bill for dinner for 4 with drinks for 4 was just over $100.

The sweet potato tots were hot, well seasoned and plentiful. I ended up taking about half my portion home. The jambalaya was excellent--very meaty, very fishy, and with some interesting warmth.

I also got to sample a nice portion of the curry and found it to be very flavorful and well seasoned. i like mine hotter in seasonings than this version, but really enjoyed the flavors of this presentation.

The fish and chips featured halibut and was delicious. Very nice first dinner in Anchorage.

Amazing Alaskan food at the most reasonable dinner prices we experienced in 14 days of dining. We will go back next trip to Alaska to enjoy the wonderful flavors of the Spenard Roadhouse again!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Castle Rock, Colorado
“Tasty food at the Roadhouse”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2014

I had visions of Patrick Swayze's movie when I heard we were eating dinner here. The place turned out to be nothing like a Roadhouse. The space is clean and open. They have some kind of bourbon club here with one half of the bar dedicated to different bottles of bourbon. The menu has a variety of choices for any type of eater, including vegetarians. They even have Meatless Mondays! I will definitely be going back. My husband ordered the jambalaya and said it was just okay. I ordered the avocado melt with tots and a cup of tomato soup. I cleaned my plate. Get there early, because it gets crowded.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Questionable cleanliness”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

We went for a late lunch- and although the food was good, the cleanliness was not. My drinking glass had a large lipstick mark on it, not from me as I don't use lip color. Then my plate had a large, dark, curly hair right smack in the middle of it. No one in our group had curly hair. We won't return.

1 Thank Jessie H
Anchorage, Alaska
“Great place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2014

Known for the "bacon flavor of the month", I was not disappointed with the lightly deep bacon jam stuffed mushrooms. The food is always consistently good with good serving sizes, the service is very good and the establishment is clean. airy and not too noisy to carry on a conversation across the table.

• 4 of 5 bubbles

Been to Spenard Roadhouse? Share your experiences!