“Yum!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Went to Spenard Roadhouse for lunch on a busy Friday afternoon. It's best to get there by about 11:30 am as seats fill up fast. Had their Hummus platter as an appetizer. The caramelized roasted garlic was cooked to perfection and had a lovely caramel flavor. The Hummus was seasoned just right and served with pitted Greek olives (a plus!), feta, and sliced cucumbers. This platter is big enough to almost serve as a meal for some people. It's definitely best split between two to four people. I then had their Beer Cheddar Soup and an Avocado Melt with chicken breast added. The soup was the perfect accompaniment to the crisp fall day outside and was definitely think, creamy, and flavorful with bits of roasted tomatoes thrown in the mix. My lunch partner had a Cubano, which is always a good bet and a great sandwich. We finished with a Bourbon Chocolate Pecan Pie and the Crumb Cake with Blueberry Sorbet. The crumb cake and sorbet were the better dessert by far, with the sorbet being the star above everything else. They make the sorbet fresh and, even though it's a frozen treat, it tastes like the best blueberry cobbler you ever had! Yum is too small a word for the big burst of flavor from this sorbet!

Reviewed October 8, 2013

My client recommended this modern-diner with amazing comfort food twists for lunch. How can you NOT love a place that offers a daily bacon dish??? Devine! Everyone enjoyed their sandwiches - updated takes on BLTs, Ruebens, grown-up grilled cheeses - and do not miss the tater tots. Yes, tater-tots. Seriously yummy.
Atmosphere is simple, inviting and casual. While we didn't have adult drinks their menu looked great offering unique cocktails and a decent beer and wine list. I really wish I could have made it back for dinner as I would have liked to have tried some of the full entrees. I think this is probably one of the freshiest, simple, local, good food places in Anchorage that would suit foodies and picky/simple eaters alike.

Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

Our family enjoyed eating here. My wife had the Alvarado melt I had the vegetable crepes. I'm not vegetarian it just looked interesting. Both meals were exelent. The drinks were great. Nice casual atmosphere that was child friendly. Over all great meal.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

This place has good food and a lot of energy. As a vegetarian, it's rare to find a place that manages to cater to both vegetarians (a vegetable of the month feature) and meat lovers (a bacon of the month special). One of my favorites in Anchorage.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

We each enjoyed our meals. I had wanted the sweet potato fries that came with the special that night instead of the tater tots that came with my meal, but they wouldn't allow it. Our daughter lives in the area and this is one of her favorite restaurants.