“Great food, fun atmosphere”
Review of Spenard Roadhouse

Spenard Roadhouse
Ranked #25 of 878 Restaurants in Anchorage
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Massachusetts
“Great food, fun atmosphere”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We each enjoyed our meals. I had wanted the sweet potato fries that came with the special that night instead of the tater tots that came with my meal, but they wouldn't allow it. Our daughter lives in the area and this is one of her favorite restaurants.

Miamisburg, Ohio
“Outstanding food, great atmosphere and service”
Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

This turned out to be our favorite restaurant in Anchorage. It has just the right mix of excellent food, reasonable prices, and a fun, casual atmosphere. We ate dinner at the bar to avoid a 30 minute wait for a table and found the bartender to be very welcoming and friendly. I had the seafood jambalaya (spicy, excellent) and my wife had grilled salmon with a basil sauce over vegetables with a side of fried, blackened brussel sprouts. She pronounced it the best dinner she has ever had. If we were locals (as most in the restaurant were) it would be our favorite.

Orlando, Florida
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

This was a great find in Anchorage. Really great food, fun cocktails and a very friendly staff. The sandwich was a little disappointing, but the salads, entrees and desserts were all excellent. Also has very good vegetarian options (which was important to half our group) and that's not something that's always easy to find. Overall a highly recommended dining option, so good we came here twice!

• Visited July 2013
“Best experience I've had there”
Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

Went to lunch on Tuesday after a long hiatus. The service was fast and efficient,the menu had great variety with healthy offerings and my sandwich was great. Keep up the good work

Visited August 2013
Spenard R, Guest Relations Manager at Spenard Roadhouse, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
Welcome back!

Thank you so much for your nice review.
We're so glad that we were able to provide you with a great experience.
Please let us know if we ever fail to please.
Your feedback is very important to us and we appreciate your patronage.

Cheers!
Lana @ Spenard Roadhouse
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
“Fun food, fun people”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I love eating at the Spenard Roadhouse. The main bartender, Orion Donicht, is friendly and funny. Whether I go alone or with family or friends, I always enjoy myself. The food is local to the extent possible, and combined in creative ways. The bacon of the month is always a treat; the Roadhouse Cobb Salad a staple; and the supertots or sweet potato tots are decadent and wonderful. This is my default for places to go for food in Anchorage.