All reviews juno restaurant front desk the club lounge free breakfast buffet close to the airport frequent traveler cab ride nice hotel holiday inn international airport granola bars free shuttle to the airport minutes from the airport fridge and microwave a great stay other hotels top floor
Reviewed August 27, 2018

We arrived after a train ride from Seward at the end of our cruise and wanted to spend a night and day seeing Anchorage. After some waiting for rooms to be ready for our large group, we were accommodated and got bedded down. Ate lunch and dinner in the Juno restaurant on the property where Atsuko waited on our tables. Had breakfast and lunch there the next day before and after taking a city tour. Staff was good enough to extend us for a late checkout on our departure day due to a late night flight. Very nice and clean hotel, friendly people.

Room Tip: We had a second floor room facing the main street but it was still quiet there. The other side faced a Hampton Inn.
  • Stayed: August 2018, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 26, 2018

After I made a reservation with that hotel, I called them several times and had been assured and given confirmation that there was a free shuttle bus service from the airport to the hotel. I had been told that the only thing I needed to do was to make a phone call to the hotel once I reached the airport.
My flight arrived in Anchorage at 3:15pm, and after picking up the luggage, I used my Skype to call the hotel and was informed that we could expect someone to pick us up (my fifteen- year old daughter and I)in 15 minutes. I saw a lot of other hotel shuttles arrive and pick up people, and after 20 minutes of waiting, I called the hotel again, and had been told to wait another 15min. Then I waited another 25 minutes and called the hotel again, the front desk staff told me to take a taxi and receive a reimbursement from the hotel when I arrived. After arriving at the hotel, it was approximately 5:00pm, and there were a lot of guests waiting in the lobby to check into their rooms. I saw that there was one young man – the one who was talking to me over the phone, and - was the only one working at front desk at that time. He gave me the money for the taxi immediately and told me there was a system error as they could not punch the clean room in the system. As a result, someone had to check the rooms manually to confirm if the rooms were ready for checking in. It was way after hotel checking in time, I could feel the pressure on the hotel staff. But the young man at front desk, (later I found out his name is Sam) was staying calm and handling the difficult situation very well, and after not too long everyone got their rooms.
As an IHG gold member, I got two free breakfast vouchers, free to use in club lounge, and free drinks at bar. Sam explained everything to us patiently.
The hotel room was decent; the bar was fancy and nice. The next morning, I saw Sam at front desk along with another staff member. Obviously he worked back to back shifts, and he gave us a warm greeting. After I finished breakfast, I was waiting in the lobby for the bus to take us to our Norwegian Cruise ship at Seward, when the driver came, Sam even went out of his way to walk to the restaurant to inform my daughter that the driver had arrived, without being asked. Although we had experienced some difficulties in the beginning, I was so impressed about the service I had received in Crown Plaza Anchorage. Many thanks to Sam.
Finally, a suggestion to the hotel manager: I’m wondering why you don’t share shuttle buses with other hotels, as I saw a lot of hotels nearby, some of them just one or two blocks away from your hotel, or even on the same block. I believe this will help the hotel to save labor, cut costs and improve guest satisfaction, as the shuttle buses can run more frequently as well.

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed August 19, 2018

We flew into Anchorage just for the night before flying on to Juneau. We found the hotel to be comfortable, the sleep quality very good and the complimentary breakfast excellent. We are basically lovers of all things Holiday Inn and this Crowne Plaza did not disappoint. Would stay here again and would recommend to others.

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Susan M
Reviewed August 16, 2018

I arrived into Anchorage several hours before check-in at the hotel and was told that check-in wasn't until 3pm, so was asked to wait in the lobby for 3 hours.
Once I got to my room, there was an immediate knock on the door and a staff member entered my room, giving me no time to get up and answer the door. I was relieved that I wasn't in the shower or undressed. The woman asked what I was doing in the room as if surprised to see me there. She wasn't aware of the fact that the room had just been assigned to me. The phone kept ringing and hanging up on me, so I had to unplug it.

The room had a bad odor to it. The bathroom floor had hair on it, as if not swept and there was a splattering of something on the shower wall, as if it hadn't been completely cleaned. The carpet between the beds had bits of debris as if the carpet hadn't been vacuumed.

The staff at the front desk seemed to struggle with which rooms were vacant and available for the next guests and at checkout, the billing process was handled poorly.

All in all, the state of the room, and the knowledge of the staff at the front desk was not like anything I've experienced in the past. I won't be returning to this hotel in the future.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled solo
2  Thank Patty W
Reviewed August 15, 2018 via mobile

When we reserved, they said they had a freezer and storing fish would be no problem unless it’s full. Well, it was full. I expected a commercial walk-in freezer. Instead, it was just a residential chest freezer. For the number of rooms, the owner should have a walk in freezer. The shuttle staff was great as was the bartender. The shuttle services 3 or 4 hotels. Owner should have a van for each hotel. The room was fine as was the breakfast. The burgundy keycards didn’t work well and we had to go to front desk 3 different times to get keycards redone. A real pain. They did give us a ride downtown and that was really appreciated. The shuttle driver encouraged us to use Uber rather than the local cab company. Great suggestion!!

Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple