WINNER WONDERLAND

Crowne Plaza Anchorage-Midtown
Ranked #14 of 72 Hotels in Anchorage
GreenLeadersBronze level
Clayton, New York
“Comfortable, Good Location, Helpful.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

The hotel is less than 5 year old. Very convenient location on the corner of C and International Airport Road. Makes travel E-S-W-N very easy. Airport shuttle service.

The rooms are of average size with newer TV (full cable service) Refrigerator, microwave, and the normal appliances.

Laundry is done by the hotel staff, no DIY facilities. Drop off at desk.

Juno restaurant is extremely expensive (easily 25/person every meal) but very much worth eating at. Breakfast buffet is very overpriced and mediocre. Dinners are delicious but not affordable for routine meals.

Front staff are very courteous and helpful. Housekeeping and mechanical staff are a bit unreliable, but get the job done.

I'd recommend this hotel to folks if budget is not your primary concern but not looking for extravagant.

Room Tip: Choose 5th or 6th floor if avoiding children is a concern. You need a key to access the top floors...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TMGAlaska, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Anchorage-Midtown, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Thank you taking the time to write a review! I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay.
I agree that the 5th or 6th floor is a great option, we offer complimentary continental breakfast in the Club Lounge as well as evening appitizers and beverages 24 hours a day. We also have a new Menu coming in 2013 with some nice lower cost options!

Thank you for your business and your comments as they assist us to better serve our guests needs.
Tammy Griffin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

I had the opportunity to mix pleasure with business on my trip to Alaska. Chose Crowne Plaza so I could use priority club points+cash option. Was upgraded to club level and treated like royalty!
The room was huge, clean and had a good view of the mountains. Use of the club lounge was a wonderful addition to our stay - Complimentary beverages, food, business center and friendly staff . When I return to Anchorage I know where I will be staying!!

• Stayed October 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TMGAlaska, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Anchorage-Midtown, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Thank you for your review!
I'm so glad that you enjoyed our Club Lounge on the Concierge Floor. I agree it is a great option and exceptional value. The mountain views from the Crowne Plaza are amazing and it is really nice not have to go out on the roads in the cold weather to have a evening adult beverage. We look forward to having you back.
Hope you have a great holiday season.
Tammy Grififn Regional General Manager Crowne Plaza Anchorage AK
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

This hotel was a great place to stay. Staff was very friendly. Breakfast at restaurant was very good as well. The gym isn't much, but if you need a treadmill, it has one. Overall, the hotel was very clean.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Tammy G, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Anchorage-Midtown, responded to this review, August 8, 2016
Thank you for the 4 star rating. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again sometime soon.
Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

I was charged for both my rewards points and my credit card for two nights at this hotel. I contacted customer service and the hotel did not return their requests to contact me twice. They refused to refund my money initially, later refunding only one night and I had to deny the second charge to my credit card, which was then refunded by my credit card company. IHG customer service did nothing to correct the issue for either night when the hotel would not contact me. I guess being a Platinum member doesn't help

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Ryan S
johnwewing, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Anchorage-Midtown, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Ryan S, I am so sorry for whatever caused this issue to happen. I was not aware of your problem until your posting on here and wish I'd had the opportunity to personally correct the issue for you. We all know that mistakes happen in the business world, but the lasting impression is how those mistakes are handled by the service provider. I'm deeply sorry that we failed you.
Logandale, Nevada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

Nothing wrong with this hotel and nothing exceptional. My room was clean and the staff was helpful. I found the distance from downtown a bit inconvenient but that is not something they can help with. Airport shuttle insisted on circling twice to ensure no one was left behind. A plus for their reviews, an inconvenience for me. Restaurant "Juno" good and reviewed separately.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank FiddlerDoyle
johnwewing, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Anchorage-Midtown, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you, FiddlerDoyle, for your review. I understand your comment about the midtown location. Being a hotel targeting business travellers looking for an airport location, we are a bit away from downtown. Thankfully nothing is very far away in Anchorage and a short taxi or public bus ride gets you where you want to go!
Manassas, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

People are nice, but...

Upon checkin - took me five minutes of active searching to find an employee, as the main desk was unoccupied - was told all about my complimentary drink vouchers, then wasn't given them. Took 5 days for me to figure that out.

Never have seen more than one person at the main desk over my 6 day stay, even during the heaviest of checkin times. I imagine the staff is being burned out.

Internet is glacial. Like, 2400 baud glacial. Wireless or wired yields same results, on multiple devices. When will hotels learn that fast reliable wifi is every bit as essential as a clean room for a business traveler?

Nobody came to clean my room today. I left at 8am, back now at 6pm. I mean, come ON. The Crowne is supposed to be a step UP, right?!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Pacen8r
Pacen8r... I am sorry that we so obviously let you down during your recent stay. The experience that you had is a far cry from acceptable to me and I have taken action to ensure there is no repeat in the future. If you would be so kind as to contact me at the hotel I would love to get more information from you so I can address your concerns with specific staff members to help them grow. Please accept our apology on behalf of myself and the team here.
Houston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

We were coming off an Alaskan cruise and wanted to spend some time in Anchorage and had debated which hotel to stay at and decided on this one.

The location of the hotel to the airport is very reasonable and I believe they have a shuttle.

Janice checked us in and affirmed we were Platinum members with Intercontinental Hotel Group. If you are not a member, I recommend you sign up as you may get access to the club lounge; which is awesome at this hotel!

The hotel seemed newer and rooms were above average in "roominess" which we really enjoyed. The beds were super comfortable.

Well as you can imagine coming off a cruise we needed to do some laundry which was also available at this hotel.

And don't hesitate to ask Janice about places to eat around town. The staff really know how to guide you in the right direction.

Also, the restaurant has a very nice prime rib if you get a chance to try it.

We would most definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank TheShadow32
johnwewing, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Anchorage-Midtown, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
TheShadow32 - thank you for a great review and for taking the time to post! We appreciate you choosing our hotel for your stay and love that you are a Platinum Priority Club member! Congratualtions on your status! It sounds like we met all of your expectations and then some. I will pass on your very kind words to Janise and the rest of the staff. We hope you get the chance to visit us again in the Great Land!