“A great place to stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Anchorage-Midtown

You added Crowne Plaza Anchorage-Midtown to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Anchorage-Midtown
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   109 W. International Airport Road, Anchorage, AK 99518 (Midtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #21 of 72 Hotels in Anchorage
GreenLeadersBronze level
Portland, Oregon
“A great place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

This hotel was a great place to stay. Staff was very friendly. Breakfast at restaurant was very good as well. The gym isn't much, but if you need a treadmill, it has one. Overall, the hotel was very clean.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I was charged for both my rewards points and my credit card for two nights at this hotel. I contacted customer service and the hotel did not return their requests to contact me twice. They refused to refund my money initially, later refunding only one night and I had to deny the second charge to my credit card, which was then refunded by my credit card company. IHG customer service did nothing to correct the issue for either night when the hotel would not contact me. I guess being a Platinum member doesn't help

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank Ryan S
johnwewing, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Anchorage-Midtown, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Ryan S, I am so sorry for whatever caused this issue to happen. I was not aware of your problem until your posting on here and wish I'd had the opportunity to personally correct the issue for you. We all know that mistakes happen in the business world, but the lasting impression is how those mistakes are handled by the service provider. I'm deeply sorry that we failed you.
Logandale, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Nothing wrong with this hotel and nothing exceptional. My room was clean and the staff was helpful. I found the distance from downtown a bit inconvenient but that is not something they can help with. Airport shuttle insisted on circling twice to ensure no one was left behind. A plus for their reviews, an inconvenience for me. Restaurant "Juno" good and reviewed separately.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank FiddlerDoyle
johnwewing, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Anchorage-Midtown, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you, FiddlerDoyle, for your review. I understand your comment about the midtown location. Being a hotel targeting business travellers looking for an airport location, we are a bit away from downtown. Thankfully nothing is very far away in Anchorage and a short taxi or public bus ride gets you where you want to go!
Manassas, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

People are nice, but...

Upon checkin - took me five minutes of active searching to find an employee, as the main desk was unoccupied - was told all about my complimentary drink vouchers, then wasn't given them. Took 5 days for me to figure that out.

Never have seen more than one person at the main desk over my 6 day stay, even during the heaviest of checkin times. I imagine the staff is being burned out.

Internet is glacial. Like, 2400 baud glacial. Wireless or wired yields same results, on multiple devices. When will hotels learn that fast reliable wifi is every bit as essential as a clean room for a business traveler?

Nobody came to clean my room today. I left at 8am, back now at 6pm. I mean, come ON. The Crowne is supposed to be a step UP, right?!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
3 Thank Pacen8r
Pacen8r... I am sorry that we so obviously let you down during your recent stay. The experience that you had is a far cry from acceptable to me and I have taken action to ensure there is no repeat in the future. If you would be so kind as to contact me at the hotel I would love to get more information from you so I can address your concerns with specific staff members to help them grow. Please accept our apology on behalf of myself and the team here.
Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

We were coming off an Alaskan cruise and wanted to spend some time in Anchorage and had debated which hotel to stay at and decided on this one.

The location of the hotel to the airport is very reasonable and I believe they have a shuttle.

Janice checked us in and affirmed we were Platinum members with Intercontinental Hotel Group. If you are not a member, I recommend you sign up as you may get access to the club lounge; which is awesome at this hotel!

The hotel seemed newer and rooms were above average in "roominess" which we really enjoyed. The beds were super comfortable.

Well as you can imagine coming off a cruise we needed to do some laundry which was also available at this hotel.

And don't hesitate to ask Janice about places to eat around town. The staff really know how to guide you in the right direction.

Also, the restaurant has a very nice prime rib if you get a chance to try it.

We would most definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank TheShadow32
johnwewing, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Anchorage-Midtown, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
TheShadow32 - thank you for a great review and for taking the time to post! We appreciate you choosing our hotel for your stay and love that you are a Platinum Priority Club member! Congratualtions on your status! It sounds like we met all of your expectations and then some. I will pass on your very kind words to Janise and the rest of the staff. We hope you get the chance to visit us again in the Great Land!
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

I had a short stay (checked in at 8pm / checked out at 5am) but the staff was very pleasant, the rooms were very clean, the hotel was quiet, the beds were comfortable and the rate was on par with other nearby hotels. My room had a great mountain view. Very close to the airport but I didn't hear any noise from planes overhead.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the mountains - beats looking out at the parking lot.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank skgal_11
johnwewing, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Anchorage-Midtown, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Ouch! Talk about a short stay! I'm happy we were able to provide you with a (brief) good night's sleep! come back again and stay alittle longer next time! Safe travels!
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Started off by staying at the hotel next door. We knew we needed to change for the remainder of our time in Anchorage. So walked over in the morning, staff showed us a room, we went back to other hotel to make reservation on internet , and then the front desk allowed us to check in right away. We had no regrets in moving. We found that Anchorage has a high buying in price for hotels in the summer. We found for an extra $25.00 we had a lovely quiet room and an absolutely super breakfast buffet compared to the neighbouring hotel.
So great staff, excellent bed, good room and great breakfast buffet.

Room Tip: The higher you get a room the further away from the traffic you are.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank frequentravelr
We beam with pride when we read a great review like this one, frequenttravelr! Thank you for your wonderful reivew!