“First timers”
Review of Chicken Shack

Chicken Shack
Ranked #176 of 851 Restaurants in Anchorage
Description: Comfort food done right! Hot chicken, pork ribs, mac + cheese, greens, cheese curds, crispy chicken sandwiches, brunch on the weekends! Our values are driven by our commitment to quality, consistency and community. Located in the heart of Spenard, easily accessible from the airport and hotels, both downtown and in midtown. If you're not able to come visit our beautiful space all of our offerings are available for delivery through DoorDash and Grubhub. Shop local, eat local.
Reviewed June 20, 2019 via mobile

Have been wanting to try chicken shack for some time now. After multiple attempts of trying on days that they are closed, we finally made it. Everything was excellent including food, drink and service. Astin was awesome, super friendly and a made for a great first impression. Every meal and appetizer were great. We tried the hot mess and chicken wings as appetizers. Our party tried three separate sandwiches including the deluxe chicken sandwich, chicken waffle sandwich and the chicken biscuit sandwich. All five items were spot on excellent. Added bonus of the ability to order draft beers and ciders made for an overall awesome lunch experience. Great job chicken shack, you’ll be seeing us again.

Date of visit: June 2019

Reviewed March 16, 2019 via mobile

I heard good reviews of this restaurant. Glad I came here. Marisa our waitress was professional, kind and offered great advice about the menu. I ate the chicken waffle sandwich. My daughter ate the chicken and waffle meal. Both were delicious! A different restaurant for Anchorage!! Love it!!

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed February 13, 2019

We have talked about wanting to try it, but have never visited until this last weekend. We were hungry and it was across the street, so we decided to stop and finally give it a try. I had the pulled pork sandwich. It was very tasty and packed with ingredients, but very messy. In this case, messy, was a good thing. The atmosphere was great. They have TV for the sports folks and a small selection of beers on tap. If you have not tried it you should, but I probably would not make it a point to visit every time we are in Anchorage.

Date of visit: February 2019
2  Thank jimmyl977
Reviewed February 5, 2019 via mobile

I'd read some lukewarm reviews after the Shack first opened, so I was a little unsure when a friend recommended we meet here for lunch. Man, was I glad we went. I ordered the spicy chicken sandwich, and ir was seriously the best spicy chicken sandwich I've eaten. Just check the hours, as the Shack was closed when I tried to go again on a Tuesday.

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed December 29, 2018

I went here last night to eat dinner and what a pleasant surprise! What an awesome little spot. Food superb! The Waiter, Jimmie, was the best I've had in Anchorage! I didn't have time to write a review last night as I went back today for the Saturday brunch to take a friend.

The food was again, excellent, and the waiter, Jon, just the nicest you could ask for. Thank you Jimmy and Jon!

This is not overpriced, yet a very nice experience with a great menu and unique items.

I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone wanting some food of good quality and decent price with great service! Do yourself a favor you will not be disappointed!

There are 2 separate rooms, one geared for people who like booths, and the other room is more quaint, with tables and a small bar, music and a TV.

Date of visit: December 2018