1,814 results
All reviews the executive lounge bell staff weekend market within walking distance breakfast buffet train station corner room heart of downtown fitness center cook inlet convenient location few blocks valet conference doorman railroad iditarod
Reviewed July 22, 2017

This hotel was extremely overrated and overpriced. No services were included in the price of the room and everything was overpriced. For a hotel of the Hilton brand to charge for wifi is not only ridiculous but insulting. I will not stay at this hotel again.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed July 21, 2017

After a lot of travel and hiking, we needed a retreat - The Anchorage Hilton is an Oasis in the middle of roughing it! Our room was beautiful, clean and the hotel was extremely accommodating - I felt part of a family rather then just another guest. From the doorman to the GM Soham, to the front desk & cleaning people, everyone was exceptional and kind... love doing laps in the beautiful pool and the work out area was one of the best I have ever seen. Views of the ocean and mountains were spectacular, if you have the choice, this is the only place in Anchorage I would stay at.

Room tip: depends if you want Mountain or ocean, we stayed 2 different times and had both views,
Reviewed July 18, 2017

We traveled with another couple and both our rooms smelled like wet dogs and heavy cigarette smoke. We complained and was moved to another room the next day. One scrambled egg in the hotel was $4. The hotel did not provide a shuttle service so we were on our own to get our luggage 6 blocks to meet the bus taking us to our next destination on the bus/train trip.

When we returned to Anchorage for a 4 day tour of the city and surrounding areas, we chose to go with a different hotel that we found cleaner and cheaper.

Date of stay: June 2017
2  Thank patcody53
Reviewed July 17, 2017

AC did not work properly, heat remained on despite the staff effort to turn it off. Clearly not what we expect from Hilton. Made for an uncomfortable night. We were told the chiller was not working properly and were awarded 5000 points to compensate us for the experience but we would have preferred a comfortable night's sleep.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed July 16, 2017 via mobile

I can't believe that I am writing this bad review for a Hilton but here it goes. The air conditioning is broken and we have to have the window opened with the LOUD street noise, loud partying and loud music blaring from nearby club somewhere in the city. The room is 74 degrees and it's been warm here. The hotel gave us a fan as an answer instead of telling me the truth about the situation when I called the front desk to get someone to fix the air conditioning! We have to be up at 4:00 AM to catch out next tour excursion and I am not able to sleep. The electrical outlets to plug in our phones and plug in the fan are in bad working order. I am using a rubber band at the bottom of my phone charger to keep it plugged into the bedside lamp outlet and the outlet for the fan is broken! The toilet is acting like it's clogged up as well. Plus we are not getting our Hilton Honors points because our tour company booked our room even though WE PAID FOR IT! This is such a horrible experience for a Hilton and we are very disappointed and feel abused. SINCE THEY KNEW ABOUT THE BROKEN AIR CONDITIONING WHEN WE CHECKED INTO THE HOTEL THEN WHY DID THEY PUT THEIR GUESTS IN THE ROOMS WITH BROKEN AIR CONDITIONING? The thermostat was set at 60 degrees when we entered our room so the staff knew. What a horrible way to treat customers!

Trip type: Traveled with family
Linnea W, Senior Sales Manager at Hilton Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2017

Dear gaterp,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate all feedback since this allows us the chance to identify areas in which we need to improve.

I am so sorry to hear about your negative experience with us. We pride ourselves on our exceptional customer service and it sounds like we fell short on providing you this service. I have confirmed with my Chief Engineer that the issue with the AC has been identified and is expected to be back on line today- however, I will be speaking with him about the other issues you experienced in your room with the outlets and plumbing.

I would very much like the opportunity to look into your reservation so I can identify the reasoning behind the denial of your HHonors points. If you could please email me at linnea.wood@hilton.com, I will investigate this matter on your behalf.

Again, I sincerely apologize for failing to provide you with the level of care synonymous with the Hilton brand and I hope that we are provided another opportunity to improve on this experience in the future.

Linnea Wood