1,814 results
All reviews the executive lounge bell staff weekend market within walking distance breakfast buffet train station corner room heart of downtown fitness center cook inlet convenient location few blocks valet conference doorman railroad iditarod
Reviewed July 16, 2017 via mobile

I can't believe that I am writing this bad review for a Hilton but here it goes. The air conditioning is broken and we have to have the window opened with the LOUD street noise, loud partying and loud music blaring from nearby club somewhere in the city. The room is 74 degrees and it's been warm here. The hotel gave us a fan as an answer instead of telling me the truth about the situation when I called the front desk to get someone to fix the air conditioning! We have to be up at 4:00 AM to catch out next tour excursion and I am not able to sleep. The electrical outlets to plug in our phones and plug in the fan are in bad working order. I am using a rubber band at the bottom of my phone charger to keep it plugged into the bedside lamp outlet and the outlet for the fan is broken! The toilet is acting like it's clogged up as well. Plus we are not getting our Hilton Honors points because our tour company booked our room even though WE PAID FOR IT! This is such a horrible experience for a Hilton and we are very disappointed and feel abused. SINCE THEY KNEW ABOUT THE BROKEN AIR CONDITIONING WHEN WE CHECKED INTO THE HOTEL THEN WHY DID THEY PUT THEIR GUESTS IN THE ROOMS WITH BROKEN AIR CONDITIONING? The thermostat was set at 60 degrees when we entered our room so the staff knew. What a horrible way to treat customers!

Trip type: Traveled with family
Linnea W, Senior Sales Manager at Hilton Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2017

Dear gaterp,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate all feedback since this allows us the chance to identify areas in which we need to improve.

I am so sorry to hear about your negative experience with us. We pride ourselves on our exceptional customer service and it sounds like we fell short on providing you this service. I have confirmed with my Chief Engineer that the issue with the AC has been identified and is expected to be back on line today- however, I will be speaking with him about the other issues you experienced in your room with the outlets and plumbing.

I would very much like the opportunity to look into your reservation so I can identify the reasoning behind the denial of your HHonors points. If you could please email me at linnea.wood@hilton.com, I will investigate this matter on your behalf.

Again, I sincerely apologize for failing to provide you with the level of care synonymous with the Hilton brand and I hope that we are provided another opportunity to improve on this experience in the future.

Reviewed July 16, 2017

Unfortunately, I was not able to fully enjoy this hotel. The staff was extremely friendly. The hotel was in walking distance to the Alaska Railroad. I would recommend staying here if you are going from Anchorage to Seward for a cruise.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear Jimmyontherun,

Thank you so much for your positive review! I'm delighted to hear that our amazing staff had such a positive impact on your stay and I will be sure to pass along your compliments. We very much hope to see you again in the future so you can fully experience and enjoy the hotel as well as the rest of downtown Anchorage!

Reviewed July 16, 2017

The Hilton was the end stay of a very wonderful vacation. Too bad the hotel tainted it. On check in we were given, to the horror of the person and us, an occupied room. Later I found out this happened to two other guests, at least. We were upgraded to a Junior Suite, but the room was tired in this old hotel. The room was warm so I turned on the AC only to find out that AC for the entire hotel was out. Calling for help I found out the phone system did not work and had to call the front desk for everything, then wait while it rings and rings, in some cases 5 minutes. This Hilton does not measure up to the chain's reputation. Then on check out we find they do not offer airport shuttle service. This is a motel 6 at hilton prices.

Dear Richard B,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. We appreciate all feedback since this allows us to identify the areas in which we need to improve.

I'm so sorry to hear that your experience at the hotel tainted an otherwise wonderful vacation. It is very important to us that our guests experience nothing short of the amazing service that has become synonymous with the Hilton brand and it sounds like we fell short in providing you with this experience. I have confirmed with my Chief Engineer that the issue with the AC has been identified and is expected to be back on line today. In regards to our Junior Suite upgrade, our hotel will be undergoing a renovation in the fall of 2017 that will include our guest rooms, so the next time you choose to stay with us, all of our rooms will have fresh, more modern look.

I would very much like the opportunity to look into the issues you had during your stay- please feel free to email me at linnea.wood@hilton.com so I may research these matters on your behalf.

Again, thank you very much for reviewing our property and providing us feedback on our performance. I hope we have the opportunity to improve on this experience during your next Alaskan adventure.

Reviewed July 12, 2017

the hotel is well located in Anchorage. Our room was comfortable and we enjoyed our stay there. I would recommend this hotel as our stay was very pleasant. The staff was helpful and friendly. We were within the downtown area and it was easy to walk to different places.

Date of stay: March 2017

Dear Judy G,

Thank you so much for your positive review! I'm delighted to hear that you had such a comfortable stay with us and it sounds like you were able to take advantage of our central location to enjoy downtown Anchorage! I will certainly pass along your compliments to our staff members- they are some of the finest in the industry and I'm glad to hear they had such a positive impact during your stay.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back during your next Alaskan adventure!

Reviewed July 12, 2017

We had a full day in Anchorage after a cruise and took a room at the Hilton for the day. This is nice hotel and is very well located within walking distance of shops and restaurants. The staff is very helpful. Our room was nice with a pleasant view toward snow capped mountains and we had access to the Hilton Club on the14th floor which had a pleasant balcony where we relaxed on a sunny afternoon. This is not a 5 star property but is still very nice. There is also a nice gift shop.

Room tip: Take high floor and get access to Hilton Club on 14th floor.

Dear Kenneth L,

Thank you so much for your positive review! I'm delighted to hear that our property fit your needs while you were in Anchorage for the day and it sounds like you were able to utilize our central location to enjoy the downtown area! Our staff truly exemplify the Hilton vision of filling the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality and I'm very happy to hear they were so helpful during your stay.

Thank you so much again and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next Alaskan adventure!