1,814 results
All reviews the executive lounge bell staff weekend market within walking distance breakfast buffet train station corner room heart of downtown fitness center cook inlet convenient location few blocks valet conference doorman railroad iditarod
Reviewed July 16, 2017

Unfortunately, I was not able to fully enjoy this hotel. The staff was extremely friendly. The hotel was in walking distance to the Alaska Railroad. I would recommend staying here if you are going from Anchorage to Seward for a cruise.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Linnea W, Senior Sales Manager at Hilton Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2017

Dear Jimmyontherun,

Thank you so much for your positive review! I'm delighted to hear that our amazing staff had such a positive impact on your stay and I will be sure to pass along your compliments. We very much hope to see you again in the future so you can fully experience and enjoy the hotel as well as the rest of downtown Anchorage!

Reviewed July 16, 2017

The Hilton was the end stay of a very wonderful vacation. Too bad the hotel tainted it. On check in we were given, to the horror of the person and us, an occupied room. Later I found out this happened to two other guests, at least. We were upgraded to a Junior Suite, but the room was tired in this old hotel. The room was warm so I turned on the AC only to find out that AC for the entire hotel was out. Calling for help I found out the phone system did not work and had to call the front desk for everything, then wait while it rings and rings, in some cases 5 minutes. This Hilton does not measure up to the chain's reputation. Then on check out we find they do not offer airport shuttle service. This is a motel 6 at hilton prices.

Dear Richard B,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. We appreciate all feedback since this allows us to identify the areas in which we need to improve.

I'm so sorry to hear that your experience at the hotel tainted an otherwise wonderful vacation. It is very important to us that our guests experience nothing short of the amazing service that has become synonymous with the Hilton brand and it sounds like we fell short in providing you with this experience. I have confirmed with my Chief Engineer that the issue with the AC has been identified and is expected to be back on line today. In regards to our Junior Suite upgrade, our hotel will be undergoing a renovation in the fall of 2017 that will include our guest rooms, so the next time you choose to stay with us, all of our rooms will have fresh, more modern look.

I would very much like the opportunity to look into the issues you had during your stay- please feel free to email me at linnea.wood@hilton.com so I may research these matters on your behalf.

Again, thank you very much for reviewing our property and providing us feedback on our performance. I hope we have the opportunity to improve on this experience during your next Alaskan adventure.

Reviewed July 12, 2017

the hotel is well located in Anchorage. Our room was comfortable and we enjoyed our stay there. I would recommend this hotel as our stay was very pleasant. The staff was helpful and friendly. We were within the downtown area and it was easy to walk to different places.

Date of stay: March 2017

Dear Judy G,

Thank you so much for your positive review! I'm delighted to hear that you had such a comfortable stay with us and it sounds like you were able to take advantage of our central location to enjoy downtown Anchorage! I will certainly pass along your compliments to our staff members- they are some of the finest in the industry and I'm glad to hear they had such a positive impact during your stay.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back during your next Alaskan adventure!

Reviewed July 12, 2017

We had a full day in Anchorage after a cruise and took a room at the Hilton for the day. This is nice hotel and is very well located within walking distance of shops and restaurants. The staff is very helpful. Our room was nice with a pleasant view toward snow capped mountains and we had access to the Hilton Club on the14th floor which had a pleasant balcony where we relaxed on a sunny afternoon. This is not a 5 star property but is still very nice. There is also a nice gift shop.

Room tip: Take high floor and get access to Hilton Club on 14th floor.

Dear Kenneth L,

Thank you so much for your positive review! I'm delighted to hear that our property fit your needs while you were in Anchorage for the day and it sounds like you were able to utilize our central location to enjoy the downtown area! Our staff truly exemplify the Hilton vision of filling the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality and I'm very happy to hear they were so helpful during your stay.

Thank you so much again and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next Alaskan adventure!

Reviewed July 11, 2017

We stayed for 5 nights at the Hilton Anchorage and as always we had a great time. The hotel is ideally located in downtown Anchorage with restaurants & attractions close by. The staff was very friendly, the rooms were very comfortable & the breakfast was very good. We also were taking the train to Denali from Anchorage and the hotel is just a 10minute walk from the rail road depot. It was very ideal.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Rama V,

Thank you so much for your positive review! I'm delighted to hear that you had such a wonderful stay with us and it sounds like you were able to utilize our central location to enjoy the sights and sounds of downtown Anchorage! Our staff are some of the finest individuals in the industry and I will be sure to pass along your compliments.

I hope you had a fantastic time on your Alaskan adventure and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay!