1,814 results
All reviews the executive lounge bell staff weekend market within walking distance breakfast buffet train station corner room heart of downtown fitness center cook inlet convenient location few blocks valet conference doorman railroad iditarod
Reviewed June 16, 2017

Stayed at the Hilton Anchorage while attending a conference. My spouse came along to enjoy some time away. All staff that we spoke to at the hotel were lovely! Very friendly, helpful. Room was clean and comfortable though not huge despite being a "deluxe room". I'm assuming that is due to the view of the water. Room décor is a bit dated but not a big deal. Nice location for us and added bonus of the weekend market across the street.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Linnea W, Senior Sales Manager at Hilton Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2017

Dear colleenb896,

Thank you so much for your positive review! We have some of the finest staff members in the industry who truly exemplify the Hilton vision of spreading the light and warmth of hospitality and I am delighted to hear you had such a great stay with us. I'm also very happy you were able to take advantage of our central location and enjoy the Downtown Market- hopefully you were able to enjoy the different cuisines and pick up an Alaskan souvenir!

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next Alaskan adventure!

Reviewed June 15, 2017

Over all it was a pleasant stay. A few black marks are the dated lobby and furnishings in the room (my curtains had holes in them). The staff was always eager to help and inquire about my stay. However, on more than one night I attempted to call room service and after 20 rings no one answered my call. I attempted to contact the front desk with the same result. The first night I gave up and went out. The second time I tried I just kept ringing. Perhaps they were busy, but they should at least pick up the phone and ask the customer to hold. The service and accommodations do not match the price of the stay.

Dear wurtz373,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel! I am glad to hear you had a pleasant stay with us and I am very excited to be able to tell you that our hotel will be undergoing a renovation this fall, so the next time you stay with us, your guest room will be updated with new furnishings and curtains.

I sincerely apologize for your room service experience and I will be speaking with my department head to see how we can avoid this situation for the future. You are absolutely right that the service and accommodations should match (or even exceed) the price of your stay and it sounds like we fell short in this area. Please feel free to email me at linnea.wood@hilton.com about your experience so I may personally look into this matter.

Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to our new and improved property during your next Alaskan adventure!

Reviewed June 15, 2017

We stayed at the Hilton as part of the conference package. The hotel was clean, staff was friendly and very accommodating, our room was cleaned everyday, and the food was outstanding! Highly recommend the Hilton!

Dear Valeree K,

Thank you for such a positive review and I hope you had a great first time in Anchorage! I will be passing along your compliments to both my Food and Beverage department and my Housekeeping department. We are proud to have some of the finest individuals in the hospitality industry on our team and I am delighted to hear you had such a great stay. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Anchorage!

Reviewed June 14, 2017

We stayed at the Hilton Anchorage before leaving for our Alaskan cruise. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The hotel is centrally located in downtown, with in easy walking distance to all the attractions. The hotel had a great fitness facility with new equipment. the rooms were clean and we have a great view on the harbor.

Date of stay: May 2017

Dear VOTM,

Thank you so much for your great review! Our staff truly embody the Hilton vision of filling the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality and I am delighted to hear you had such a wonderful time during your stay. We look forward to seeing you again on your next Alaskan adventure!

Reviewed June 13, 2017

Apparently this Hilton is a 'franchise' location and not technically part of the corporate chain. The property is very dated, has a funky old cigarette smell throughout, and gouges for parking fees when Anchorage is not at all a bustling city where parking spaces are a premium (this was even more annoying because they have very few valet drivers working at times, so my morning commutes were sometimes delayed over 10 minutes, especially during apparent delays during their shift changes). Also apparently because this is a franchise, they make up their own policies, which in my case came as a surprise when I was charged over 100 bucks to check out early first thing in the morning, which I've always done at regular hiltons without any issue. I'm a regular Hilton customer because I like consistency- I did not appreciate this surprise and will now always have to read the fine print when choosing hotels.

Dear Y4360JVa,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We sincerely appreciate all feedback, both positive and negative, since this allows us to identify areas in which we need to improve.

I sincerely apologize for the experience you had while staying with us. In regards to the condition of the hotel, we are currently scheduled to undergo a renovation in the fall of 2017, which will include both guest rooms and meeting space. Additionally, while our parking fees are comparable to those found in downtown Anchorage, I completely understand your frustration at the delay of your morning commute. I will be speaking with my department heads about your experience to see how we can avoid this situation in the future.

I would very much like the opportunity to review your invoice to further investigate the $100 charge issued at checkout. Please feel free to email me your reservation information at linnea.wood@hilton.com so I may personally look into this matter.

Thank you for your continued loyalty to Hilton Hotels and we look forward to showcasing our improved property during your next visit to Alaska.