1,814 results
All reviews the executive lounge bell staff weekend market within walking distance breakfast buffet train station corner room heart of downtown fitness center cook inlet convenient location few blocks valet conference doorman railroad iditarod
Reviewed May 31, 2017

Rooms were large and clean, train whistle was extremely loud each day, despite being on the 19th floor, beautiful views through dirty windows, room service food was terrible & they forgot to tell me NOT to order through room service as no one actually answers that phone. The food through room service was terrible.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Chris B, Director of Sales at Hilton Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2017

Dear Lori W,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We always appreciate feedback since this allows us to continually identify service areas that may need improvement.

I am very happy to hear that you liked your room, the view, and the overall location of the hotel. Being in the heart of downtown Anchorage allows our guests easy access to everything, from dining to entertainment, and we hope you were able to enjoy some of these places during your stay.

However, since our great location puts us within walking distance of the train depot, the whistle may be audible in certain guest rooms. I apologize if this sound made your stay less enjoyable and I will work with the Front Desk to see about possible solutions for future guests.

I am very sorry to hear about your negative experience with room service and your dirty windows. I assure you I will be speaking with the respective department heads regarding these issues so measures for improvement can be implemented immediately. We are also currently in the process of cleaning the outside of all of our windows so the view should be crystal clear during your next stay.

If you would like to speak with someone directly about your experience, please feel free to email either myself at chris.block@Hilton.com or Senior Sales Manager Linnea Wood at linnea.wood@Hilton.com.

Reviewed May 31, 2017

The staff was very friendly but the hotel is dated with bad internet access. There was 3 telephone inputs in out room but not one internet. Luckily everyone that worked there that I ran into was very friendly and kind. I did request a King room and they tried to switch me to a different room that is why they get docked one point otherwise i would rate it as very good.

Dear Z5988ORkimberlyr,

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to review our hotel. We appreciate all feedback since this allows us the opportunity to identify service areas that may need improvement.

I am delighted to hear such positive feedback about our staff members. Our employees strive to provide all of our guests with first rate experiences and they do an exceptional job of upholding the Hilton vision of filling the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality.

I would love the opportunity to speak with you more about your experience at check-in and your requested room type. Please feel free to email either myself at chris.block@hilton.com or Senior Sales Manager Linnea Wood at linnea.wood@hilton.com so we can hear a little bit more about the attempted switch.

Our hotel is also undergoing some exciting renovations, starting this year and we look forward to showcasing these updates on your next visit.

Reviewed May 29, 2017

My wife and I stayed here for three nights at the beginning of a nine night trip to Alaska. Really liked the location downtown -within walking distance of plenty of things to do. On weekends, there's an outdoor market just across the street. The staff, from front desk to valets to restaurant and housekeeping, were all exceptionally friendly. Just a couple of complaints: $30 per day valet parking is apparently your only option if you have a rental car (besides parking on the street). Seems a bit much, but the reality of it was we left the car sit most of the time we were in Anchorage, and at least it was parked somewhere safe. The restaurant hours were a little strange, and we never were sure whether we could get dinner in the bar or not. Wasn't really an issue, as we ate at any number of other places within walking distance. One last thing - our room faced Cook Inlet, which was a beautiful view. But it also faced the Alaska Railroad train station and a couple of road/rail crossings. The train horns got to be a little much after the second night!

Room tip: If you want the view, you're going to get the train station too
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Randy M

Dear Randy M,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate all feedback since this allows us the opportunity to identify areas of service that need improvement.

I'm delighted to hear about our staff members. Our employees are some of the finest in the hospitality industry here in Anchorage and I'm glad they made your stay so enjoyable.

It sounds like you and your wife were able to take advantage of our prime location and enjoy some of the many summer activities that Anchorage has to offer (the Saturday Morning Market being just one of many!). Being in the heart of downtown, we are only 2 blocks away from the train depot and we are aware that whistle can be audible for some of our guests. I apologize if the noise negatively impacted your stay and I will be working with our Front Desk to explore possible solutions for how we can accommodate future guests.

I also apologize for any inconvenience caused by the valet price and the restaurant hours. I will speak with the restaurant manager so we can be sure those hours are clarified for your next stay.

We hope you enjoyed your Alaskan adventure and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed May 26, 2017

I have so many good things to say about this hotel I don't know where to start. The staff is phenomenal - so courteous, friendly, and thorough.
There were a few hiccups during our stay and they were all compensated generously. For example, the first room that we checked into was a little unclean. They immediately moved us and compensated by giving me some bonus points. There was another incident that happened - I can't even remember what it was exactly - but they compensated by bringing up a free chocolate cake and ice cream (super delicious). Lastly, a young asian lady in hospitality suite heard that my mother wasn't feeling well. The next thing we know, there's a knock on the door with a gentleman carrying a tray of hot tea and apples. Absolutely thoughtful!
The location of the hotel is great - smack dab in the middle of Downtown Anchorage and walking distance within all the tourist activities
The hotel restaurants are phenomenal. I did not have a single terrible meal. They were all delicious; I needed to stay longer in order to try everything!
What I love about the hotel room is that you are able to crack the window, allowing fresh air to circulate. Most hotels do not have that and I LOVED IT.
The only bad thing about the hotel was the internet service. If you are addicted to your email or social media you are not going to have fast speeds. But, you're an Alaska - why would you be in the room using that stuff anyway?!?!?!
I'm also not too crazy about the parking fee ($30/night). BUT, downtown Anchorage is walkable; a car if needed if you want to explore or go to places like Seward/Homer. So what you can do is rent a car for a day from Enterprise. It's a mile from the hotel. You can either walk to it or ask the Enterprise staff to pick you up/drop you off.
I can't comment on the pricing. Because I was there for work (ASME BPV conference), we got a really good room rate. (We were also there a week before tourist season kicked off...)

2  Thank jessABamaGirl

Dear jessNalabamaGirl,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful and thoughtful review! We always appreciate feedback and I will pass along your compliments to our front desk, restaurant, and room service departments.

We are exceptionally proud of our staff members and it sounds like they provided you with first rate guest service! The Hilton vision is to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality and it sounds like they did just that.

I'm also delighted to hear that you were able to take advantage of our great location and enjoy some of the sights Alaska has to offer in addition to our onsite dining services. We are proud to offer an extensive menu and hopefully you were able to try everything before you departed!

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back to Alaska the next time you are in town.

Reviewed May 24, 2017

Such friendly staff, everyone we talked to was welcoming. This is a great location to walk to restaurants. Parking is a pain, like all of anchorage (valet and lots) ... and cost can be high. But had a good experience.

Dear Natalie Nicole M,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and provide such positive feedback!

I am delighted to hear you had a good experience with our hotel and it sounds like you were able to take advantage of our great location and enjoy some of the sights that downtown Anchorage has to offer!

Our staff members are some of finest in the hospitality industry and do an exceptional job of fulfilling the Hilton vision of filling the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality. I'm glad to hear they made your experience so enjoyable!

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back during your next Alaskan adventure.