“Very convenient location, but...”
Review of Hilton Anchorage

Hilton Anchorage
Ranked #17 of 74 Hotels in Anchorage
Reviewed August 26, 2013

This hotel is right in downtown, within walking distance to many restaurants and shops. However, the AC was terrible in our room. Barely cooled the room at all. Made for a pretty miserable night. (We were only there one night and were part of a group tour, so I don't know what the group leader paid for our rooms.) Others in our group had the same problem, but some people had rooms that were freezing! Our rooms were not ready at 3pm, which is check-in time and when our group leader was told they would be ready. My room was in the west tower, but the hotel has several sides and levels to it, and I don't think all rooms are necessarily equal. I had a pretty view of the mountains...and of the roofs and AC units below. My room was very quiet, but others in our group complained of train noise and street noise. The room was clean, and I had no problem with the furnishings. Bathroom was clean and well-appointed (nice toiletries). Restaurant in hotel is very expensive. All in all, if I were booking my own hotel room, I would look for something else in the same area but with better and more consistent reviews.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hilton Anchorage

Reviewed August 26, 2013

For a major hotel chain this was well below standard. The air conditioner was noisy, it was leaking right in front of the bath room. Consequently there was water all over the floor, and as my wife has a degree of difficulty in walking around I would definitely not stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Hard to do as we were only there one day, and that was enough
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Scott D, General Manager at Hilton Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Thank you for your recent review. We apologize for the issues in your room and will work with our maintenance team to ensure that the problems with our air conditioning units are addressed. I hope you called down to the front desk to let them know which room you were in so we are able to provide immediate attention. We hope you will give us a second chance to make it up to you the next time you are in the Anchorage area.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Not cheap by any means. The rooms are tired. Had a great view from the fourth floor but the windows hadn't been cleaned for an age if ever. The 'free' wireless in the lobby was frustrating because most of he time it would not connect, a problem other guests also had the misfortune of experiencing. The hotel was conveniently located but not worth the money we paid for a bed for two nights. The staff were courteous and polite however the whole facility is in dire need of a refurb.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Scott D, General Manager at Hilton Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Gordon,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with your guest room. Guest feedback is incredibly important to us and we are taking your comments into consideration as we improve our on-property experience. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you, if your travels bring you back to our area.

Scott.Doonan@hilton.com

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Upon arrival staff were very helpful and friendly. Helped unload and park with a trailer downtown. Which is no easy task. Always willing to help even with loading up to leave. Hotel was clean and in a great location. Starbucks in lobby very good as well.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Poor value for money, very dated decor, no Hhonors check in, breakfast choice very limited, seems to me they only exist because cruise ships send their passengers there . The second worse Hilton I have ever stayed in and the other was in Abuja! I suspect they just bank the cash maybe a franchise hotel, I would never stay there again and don't try for a cab the worst and laziest porter ever who couldn't even order a cab correctly and then said oh well first come first served... I was speechless as I was first!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Jennomark

Dear Jennomark,

Thank you for staying with us at our hotel. I appreciate your honesty. We look for reviews to provide insight into our hotel and our guest room is an area we are actively examining. We'll be sure to keep your feedback in mind as we look towards refresh options. I welcome any additional comments or suggestions you would like to share.

scott.doonan@hilton.com

Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at many Hilton hotels all over the world but this is something else. The place looks at those it's stuck in a time warp of the 80's. everything looked sad, grubby and just really old. The only thing the room had going for it was the coffee machine. The place was so grubby looking I actually checked the bed for bugs!
Location, good but the noise of the train's horn was something else, at midnight, 1am, 2am.
We stayed here as a stop over from our cruise, I wished we hadn't bothered!

• Stayed: August 2013

Reviewed August 23, 2013

I don't like spending extra money on Hotels. It usually is not important to me. This time I just wanted to be assured that I was going to have a nice relaxing, good sleep. Didn't happen. The room was noisy, the cooling was horrendous and mostly didn't do the job. The room smelled of old cigaret smoke.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Nina,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I'd like to apologize for the noise issues that you encountered during your stay with us. When you come to a hotel you're expecting to get a great night's sleep and unfortunately we were not able to provide you with that. We will have maintenance look into the cooling system issue. Again, I thank you for your review and we'll be sure to keep your comments in mind as we make future improvements to our hotel. I'd love to have you back to give our hotel a second chance.

Scott.Doonan@hilton.com