“Great stay”
Review of Hilton Anchorage

Hilton Anchorage
Ranked #17 of 74 Hotels in Anchorage
Reviewed February 28, 2013

We had a great time hotel is really well located for walking around downtown, Fur ronde was going on so there's lots of places nearby to walk to so location was key for this trip.
The staff was very helpful especially the valets and concierge. The bar was just ok, Starbucks in lobby had nice pastries

• Stayed: February 2013
There are newer reviews for Hilton Anchorage

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I am a HH Gold and recently stayed here for 5 nights during a conference. The conference wasn't in the hotel and was about 3-4 blocks away. First off, I emailed the FD manager (who enthusiastically responds in the TA reviews) but didn't get an answer until I finished my stay.

Arriving at the airport, it was a fairly quick taxi ride to the hotel. Upon checking in, I had a good conversation with the FD. It's not one of those conversations where the FD asks you the standard questions and is noticeably disinterested in your answers. This FD was actually interested in the responses and there was a good rapport. I also had a package sent to my hotel and delivered to my room. The concierge was extremely polite in delivery.

I was put into the "shorter tower" that has the Exec Lounge. I notice that I was on the side with the larger rooms. The other side of the tower had smaller rooms. Upon entering my room, I noticed it was quite serviceable. Also, as I like to bring my own entertainment via my laptop and HDMI cable, they had new flatscreen TVs and I could hook up my HDMI. I think their website still shows the old CRT TVs. It seems the rooms have undergone a renovation not too long ago. The bathroom was remodeled but, surprisingly, the shower area seemed to be old. The tiles were new but the shower pan and nozzle were old.

As a HH Gold, I had a choice of a continental breakfast (for free) in the Exec Lounge or pay a small upcharge for a buffet in the restaurant. I always chose the restaurant as I like the hot breakfast. However, I did look at the offering in the Exec Lounge it was pretty much exactly like the restaurant's "cold" offerings. It was very comprehensive.

The Exec Lounge also offered evening hors d'oeurves with a hot item. After the evening snacks, there's also a dessert time. If you go outside the snack hours, there's a fridge where you can pick up a bottle of water or juice.

The restaurant was pretty decent. This was surprising as I've been to a lot of bad hotel restaurants. I was there for both buffet breakfast and dinner. During breakfast, the omelette station cook has a great sense of humour and is not afraid to engage the guests. There seems to be pretty good cooperation between the servers as they pretty much knew I was HH Gold by my 2nd time there. I also want to recognize the older lady server in the mornings. She was really, really good and made sure my breakfast experience was top notch every time.

All in all, yes, I'd return. The service here is at least several levels higher than expected. The rooms are decent but the Exec Lounge and restaurant are also very good. At check-out, again, I received an excellent experience. Even the doormen were great. (I had to go in/out of the hotel multiple times a day.)

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Braindrain
Reviewed February 24, 2013

A great hotel - comfortable, pleasant, fantastic views and well-maintained. However, the best aspect of the Hilton Anchorage is the service. We were staying with a group of high school students and we were treated as well as all of the other guests. A mechanical problem with our room was fixed immediately. The maids were kind despite the students' messy rooms. All of the staff was extremely kind and helpful to us throughout our four day stay. My only issue was when I called the hotel a few days after we left requesting a copy of an invoice. The staff member I contacted was very uninterested in assisting me but he did get the job done.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

This is the best Hilton hotel we have ever stayed at in regards to customer service and management involvement. I have stayed at many Hilton’s around the world but I can't ever remember when so many managers and staff members ask how our stay was going and was there anything they can do to make your stay better. That is great customer service. They made you feel welcome and loved having you stay at the Anchorage Hilton. It was the kind of customer service and management involvement I wish every Hilton would copy.
The hotel itself was nice and in a good location. It was clean and secure as what I would expect from a well run Hilton. The breakfast buffet was good along with the service. The front desk staff went the extra mile to make our stay at the Anchorage Hilton a memorable event. The hotel had a nice gym with better and average equipment for a hotel gym.
I sent an email to the Hilton’s Customer Service a few days before our arrival requesting a room upgrade and when we arrived they upgraded us to a very nice room on the 22nd floor with a great view. Also the front desk breakfast gave us for two days because I mention to them before I retired from the federal government I would only stay at Hiltons and I was a Hilton Diamond member. That was unexpected but a very nice touch.
Another good idea customer service item that caught our attention was having food (Club Sandwiches) in our room that we ordered on the Hilton’s internet a couple days in advance be there when we arrived. They were in the room and were good to eat after such a long trip from Washington DC.
Yes I would recommend and stay there again if I ever had another opportunity to visit Anchorage, AK.
This hotel is a must stay when in Anchorage.

Room Tip: Contact them before you arrive if your looking for a room upgrade, I room on a high floor has the be...
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I was lucky enough to stay here 2 times in 10 days. It was wonderful!! I had a room in the Anchorage tower at the top. Lovely rooms with nice amenities. The staff was wonderful, especially the bellhops!! They were polite and very quick!! The hotel only offers valet parking. It can get expensive if you are there awhile. We had an event rate which helped. The serve Starbucks coffee in the lobby! Beds were comfortable and the rooms were nicely sized. My views were excellent!! Every request was handled immediately. Will go back when ever I can. Right downtown and easy to find places to eat.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

The room was clean and smallish. TV was nice flat screen. View was to die for of the inlet, sunset and Alaska range. The workout room was the best I have seen in a hotel in Anchorage with a lot of cardio a space. The pool was clean and the warmest most comfortable I have seen in Anchorage also. Location was convenient as the conference was in the building and walking easy to many downtown restaurants. Negatives were paying for parking and walking to the hotel from the lot. We luckily didnt use the internet but to charge for that in this day and age is pathetic. Food prices in the lobby were outrageous also.

Room Tip: Any upper floor rooms have great views!!!!!
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I stayed here for a conference and it was an adequate hotel. Nothing stands out as exceptional, but the room was clean and the staff extremely polite and helpful. It is evident that this hotel is aging and struggling to keep up with the times but I cannot complain about anything in particular. I frequently stay at a Marriott and even in the older Marriott hotels, they seem to have done a better job at keeping the look fresh and the hotel up to date.

The room was very nice - I had requested a King but received two Doubles. They offered to change it for me but I liked the location and view from the room so I kept it. The bathroom is standard - tub and shower with nice water pressure. Unlike most of the pictures I have seen of these rooms, mine had a great flat panel TV that worked well. Otherwise, the room was just another hotel room... nothing to truly set it apart from the rest.

I did not eat at the hotel, but did have drinks with my colleagues in the hotel bar. Service was extremely nice and fast. Valet parking was $24 per day which I felt to be a little pricey but the service was fast and friendly.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay - great location and friendly hotel staff. Not the best hotel I've ever stayed in but far from the worst!