WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Hilton Anchorage

Hilton Anchorage
Ranked #22 of 72 Hotels in Anchorage
Columbia, Maryland
“Close to Convention Center”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

We've stayed here twice, and don't know about other hotels in the area. This one is reliable. The rooms are decent, and the price is good. It is near the convention center, and not far from other downtown stores. We were able to walk to restaurants, the post office, gift shops, and again, the convention center. This is important when it is so cold that you don't want to have to spend much time outdoors to get to your destination. When we go back to Anchorage, we'll probably pick this hotel again.

Room Tip: We prefer upper rooms. The rooms vary in size, some are quite small. If you get a good deal on the p...
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Salem, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2012

Arrived on afternoon flight for a two day conference. Check-in was speedy. I had a room on the 10th floor; very clean, comfortable, and a great view. As the weather was very snowy and the conference held on the premises, I did not go out too much. The restaurant food was quite good and snacks were available in the gift shop. All staff were very cordial and helpful. Free wifi in the room and Starbucks in the lobby. Life was good.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

Arrived here with my husband after a couple of weeks in Fairbanks and Barrow, had stayed in the Sheraton Ice spa hotel on a previous and found it a little too far out personally because I was on my own. The Hilton is excellently located close to lots of tourist attractions, walks, the mall and a variety of good individual restaurants. Easy walk to the Alaska railroad station if you are going on the day trips to Seaward. Would need a taxi if you have luggage.

Free shuttles to the knife factory and Native American centre stop close by.

The hotel was nice an very friendly my husband was in a wheelchair due to motorcycle accident and hey we're wonderfully helpful. We ate in the bar restaurant the food was of a very high standard and menu substitutions/additions were no problem. Our room was very clean, everything worked and plenty of toiletries. Would definitely return if We go back to Anchorage.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank BeachyWaves30
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

Arrived around 11PM on a Thursday Night and was promptly greeted by the valet who took my keys and helped me with my bags.

Check-in was seamless, it took five minutes with desk staff to get me my key and I was off to my room.

Logged onto the internet very quickly to check email and it was very fast;
The room was very nice, bed was comfortable, and there was no noise from rooms on either side.

When I awoke the following morning and opened my windows I was treated to a breathtaking view from my window of the mountains in the distance.

Breakfast in the morning was very good, all be it very basic by Hilton standards (which is fine as it was free as a Diamond Member) but still hit the spot.

All and all a very good experience and a highly recommend to anyone staying in Anchorage.

Room Tip: Get a room on a corner facing the mountains.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Portland, Maine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2012

I've stayed at the Hilton in Anchorage several times during business trips, and have been very comfortable. Some of the hotel's upper floors could use a little bit of a face-lift, but the rooms are perfectly clean and comfortable. The location is great; within walking distance to most of what downtown Anchorage has to offer!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Tucson, Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

Hilton Anchorage is a nice hotel but the staff are rude and not hospitable. We arrived close to midnight and we received a smoking double bed when I reserved a non-smoking king size bed. My husband is asthmatic and I have a 1.5 year old son so a smoking room would not do. They were not apologetic and took over an hour to get us another room. The new tower was a big difference than the old tower in quality and look. Every time, we needed to get help at the desk, the front desk were not friendly and responded as if you were taking up their time. We specifically called the front desk to ask if the wireless charged for every device if you were Hilton Honors Member. They said if you were Hilton Honors member you would only get charged once. We happily connected both our laptops. Upon checkout we received many internet charges. We asked for clarification and correction. They reluctantly agreed.I asked her if the number of corrected charges was correct and she looked at me like I was dumb so I trusted her. Later I looked at the bill again and there were still more than the number of days charged so I called billing. Again, they were rude and reluctant to help. Asking us which person at the front desk told us we could use Hilton Honors. We don't ask the names of front staff people when asking a simple question. Again, I called later to ask for a receipt of my bill. Again, they were rude. Hilton Anchorage has the worst customer service and the rudest people on staff. If they read this, they will just shrug their shoulders and move on. I will never stay there again. I wish I stayed at the Marriott!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
olesea v, Front Office Manager at Hilton Anchorage, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Dear guest,

I would like to apologize for terrible experience you had during your stay with us. I can definitely guarantee you this is not a normal service we provide here at the Hilton and we strive to provide great service. I would like to discuss that with you in person. Please, email me at olesea.velesco@hilton.com or call me at 907-272-7411. Accept my apology again and I am looking forward speaking with you.
Have a great day

Olesea Velesco
Front Office Manager

Travelers are raving about these Anchorage hotels

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

I stayed in the McKinley Suite and held business meetings in its conference room. The bedroom was very nice and spacious. The conference room has a conference table for formal business meetings and a living-room-like space for more informal meetings. The staff took good care of us. Our bedroom and conference room had beautiful views of the fjords and snow-covered mountains, The convention center is only a few blocks away, which can be a problem if the weather is really bad. The only criticism that I would have is that the front desk personnel and bell men seemed a little inexperienced.

• 3 of 5 bubbles