“Great legs!”

Crush Wine Bistro And Cellar
Ranked #38 of 892 Restaurants in Anchorage
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Crush owners Robert de Lucia, Scott Anaya & Chad Culley created Crush in order to share their love of wine, food and conversation with Anchorage. Their vision was to give Anchorage a place where people can experiment with a variety of wines, drop by for a casual meal or sit down to a $1000 vintage bottle. In 2010 they expanded the vision by introducing their retail wine shop, Cellar, the bottle shop at Crush. The store occupies the loft directly above Crush and features over 400 wines as well as beer, spirits, cheese & wine related gifts. The shop is also home to Cellar Wine Club. Sharing wine is about the conversation; the richness of each glass reminds us of travel, meals and family. Wine should not have any mystique. It should be accessible to everyone so that we all can enjoy it. Rob, Scott & Chad invite you to come down to Crush and spark a conversation with them about the wines that fuel their passion and keep the sparkle in their eyes.
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I do believe our server had as much fun as we did! We were a very eclectic mix of women with a wide range of wine preferences. Heather managed us, our food, our questions, and our fantastic evening like a true professional! We wandered upstairs & were treated poorly by the sales clerk there but here again Heather intervened. Our great evening would not be squashed by Mr. Grumpy Cat! We are coming back!!!

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Met a friend with my wife for dinner before a show. Great atmosphere, a really good place to chat over wine.

Both gals had the beef tips, I had the tomato bisque and lasagna. All the food was excellent, but the portions were really small. Definitely need an appetizer with your entree if you want to get anywhere near full.

Wine selection is great, something for everyone.

Have been there before, and the wife loves it, so we'll definitely be going back. Just not for dinner.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

I have visited crush for several different occasions and each time has been perfect. Rob, the owner, enjoys sharing his love and knowledge of the vast wine selection and the menu is always changing to take advantage of fresh seasonal offerings. Perfect for a romantic evening with your partner or out with friends!

Reviewed January 26, 2013

I was looking for a great place to eat close to where I was working since I didn't have a car and it was January in Anchorage. I had the creole coffee spiced pork loin with sweet potato puree. The flavor was wonderful! They recommended a Portland beer to pair with the meal. Crush is a wine bar so this was a little unusual but they had the brewer on sight promoting and able to talk about his beer. I didn't think the pairing was perfect but it was good. The service was great and I enjoyed the cozy atmosphere. I say cozy though everyone who recommended this place to me said small. Maybe because they are from Alaska? I would definitely eat here again!

Reviewed January 24, 2013

we come here a few times a year. Great wine flights and nibbles. They have a changing wine list and my husband was disappointed the last few times that they weren't offering any merlot. The goat cheese salad and chicken skewers are favorites, as well as the stuffed figs.