“Fun food, atmosphere and creative wine selections.”

Crush Wine Bistro And Cellar
Ranked #43 of 892 Restaurants in Anchorage
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Takeout
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Crush owners Robert de Lucia, Scott Anaya & Chad Culley created Crush in order to share their love of wine, food and conversation with Anchorage. Their vision was to give Anchorage a place where people can experiment with a variety of wines, drop by for a casual meal or sit down to a $1000 vintage bottle. In 2010 they expanded the vision by introducing their retail wine shop, Cellar, the bottle shop at Crush. The store occupies the loft directly above Crush and features over 400 wines as well as beer, spirits, cheese & wine related gifts. The shop is also home to Cellar Wine Club. Sharing wine is about the conversation; the richness of each glass reminds us of travel, meals and family. Wine should not have any mystique. It should be accessible to everyone so that we all can enjoy it. Rob, Scott & Chad invite you to come down to Crush and spark a conversation with them about the wines that fuel their passion and keep the sparkle in their eyes.
Reviewed December 11, 2012

One our anchorage favorites. Any nite at crush is fun, with creative food and wine selections. I recoomend, especially to locals.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

We love this place. It's a little upscale by Anchorage standards (normal by New York standards) but the servers are great and knowledgeable, excellent wine, always a good flight or two no matter what you like. Really nice interior and plenty of food to choose from... the stuffed dates are particularly delicious. There is one server there that is pretty choosy about who he is nice to; we try to avoid his section. Otherwise I love this place, great atmosphere and wine. Check out the shop upstairs, too if you find something you like... generally you can find it (and a lot of cheese!) up there.

1  Thank tyrannosauruswrx
Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

Interesting little wine cellar / restaurant in downtown Anchorage. We had the flight trios: whites for me, reds for my spouse. You get to pick from several combos, and we opted for the international ones. Very good selections, and an ample enough pour to savor each. We also ordered some appetizers. The stuffed avocado was excellent! I was a little disappointed that only one type of olive was included with the warm olives dish, but the warming step is one I'll remember for home. We were pleased with the friendly service as well.

1  Thank wenjor
Reviewed September 7, 2012

If you visit Anchorage and have some time to spend, stop at Crush and try their selections of wine. The atmosphere is hip, the crowd kitchy, and the wine is memorable. Give it a try, you won't be disappointed.

1  Thank alex0125
Reviewed September 7, 2012

I've been to this place twice, once by myself and sat at the bar and then once with my wife and we sat at a table. Both times the food was surprisingly excellent - on par with the other top restaurants in Anchorage. They also offer a lot of small platters, which can be shared and allow for flexibility if you don't want a full meal. They have a nice wine list - not super comprehensive, but well thought out and well priced. I also like the wine flights. They also have a good collection of beers as well. It has an interesting, very casual vibe and I love the overhead lights using empty bottles of some fantastic and fantastically expensive wines (Chateau Margaux, DRC, etc.). I would recommend going early because the place fills up. The one downside is that it's in a bit of a weird location, right across the street from Nordstroms. At night the streets are pretty deserted.

1  Thank tpak